Making AIR FRYER HAM is a rewarding experience where your prize is a delicious, honey-glazed ham that can serve your family!
Making a ham can be a little intimidating – no one wants to mess up such a big, beautiful hunk of meat! Especially for a family dinner!
As with pretty much every air fryer recipe, the easier the better and that goes double for this ham. We’re keeping things simple and foolproof!
This ham is large enough to feed a small family gathering, or you can make it anytime and enjoy the leftovers in future meals!
Whatever the reason you choose to make this ham, I hope you love the recipe!
Ham – We use a 2lb, boneless, spiral sliced ham. This helps spread the flavor throughout the meat and aids in slicing for those not great at carving a ham, like myself!
Seasonings– You’ll need a mix of brown sugar, ground mustard, garlic powder, dry parsley, and ground cloves.
Glaze- The glaze is a mixture of honey, orange juice, and dijon mustard + the above seasonings.
How to Make Air Fryer Ham:
Prepare the ham– Unpack your ham and rinse it. Pat dry with paper towels and then place the ham on a piece of foil (two pieces if necessary) large enough to fully wrap the ham. Bring the foil up around the sides of the ham but don’t cover the top, kind of like a foil bowl around the ham. Place the ham in your air fryer basket.
Prepare the seasonings – In a medium bowl combine brown sugar, ground mustard, garlic powder, parsley, and clove. Mix to combine then add in the honey, orange juice, and Dijon mustard and mix again to combine. Now microwave this mix for 30 seconds, stir and heat for another 30 seconds and stir again.
Glaze the ham– Brush about 1/4 of the glaze mixture onto the top of the ham. Set the rest of your glaze mixture to the side for now. Then bring the foil over the ham and fully wrap it. Cook this for 15 minutes at 320 degrees F and then brush another 1/4 of the glaze over the ham. Rewrap it in foil again and cook for another 15 minutes at 320 degrees F. Then for the third time, add another 1/4 of the glaze and cook at 320 degrees F, but this time for only 10 minutes.
Turn up the heat– Finally, brush on all the remaining seasoning mixture and do not cover it up. Cook it at 350 degrees F for 5 more minutes to caramelize the glaze.
It enhances both the flavor and the texture of the ham. Some of the glaze will evaporate and by adding it in steps we get a rich, thicker glaze that you can taste throughout the ham.
The sliced side should be face up, we want our glaze to drip down into the slices a little bit.
If you put them in the fridge they will be good for up to 5 days! If you reheat it, you can reheat in your air fryer at 320 degrees F. You will get a more moist ham if you wrap it in foil again before cooking it.
What can I make with all my leftovers?
You can make a great, healthy breakfast casserole! Or make a ham and cheese omelet!
If you would rather have good comfort food, try making this ham and corn chowder!
More air fryer recipes you might like:
Let us know your opinion!
We’d love to hear what you think of this recipe! Leave a comment and star rating down below! And don’t forget to pin and share!
- 2 pound boneless spiral sliced ham
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon dry ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dry parsley
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Unpack the ham and rinse under cold water.
- Place on a plate and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place ham in a piece of tin foil large enough to fully wrap the ham. You may need two pieces, overlaid in an X shape, with the ham in the center.
- Bring the foil up around the sides of the ham, leaving the top open. Place ham in the air fryer basket.
- In a medium size, microwave-safe bowl, combine brown sugar, ground mustard, garlic powder, dry parsley & ground clove. Mix until combined.
- Add in the honey, orange juice, and Dijon mustard and mix well to combine..
- Warm in the microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and warm for another 30 seconds.
- Brush approximately a quarter of the mixture over the ham. Set the mixture aside.
- Bring the foil up and over the ham to fully wrap it. Make sure the foil isn’t touching the heating element in the air fryer.
- Air fry for 15 minutes at 320 degrees.
- Open the foil and brush approximately ¼ of the glaze on the ham. Cover and cook for an additional 15 minutes at 320 degrees.
- Repeat step 11 and this time cook at 320 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Brush all the remaining seasoning on the ham and cook uncovered at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes. This will caramelize the glaze. The internal temperature for a cooked ham should be approximately 140 degrees.
- Serve warm.
You don’t have to caramelize the ham for the last 5 minutes. I personally love it as it adds an extra “candy” taste like the brown sugar/honey heats up.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 241Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 1213mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 0gSugar: 22gProtein: 25g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.