This recipe for roasted pumpkin seeds uses the air fryer to make perfectly seasoned pumpkin seeds from your jack-o-lantern!
If you have never tried air fryer roasted pumpkin seeds before, let me take a second and describe the taste that you have been missing out on.
The seeds are similar to nuts. They are both crisp and chewy. Roasting them brings out a little more of the nutty flavor, making these a fabulous fall snack and a great way to not waste that pumpkin you’re carving.
We love them with savory spices, but cinnamon sugar would probably be pretty tasty too!
It is so easy to cook these, we make them every year we carve our pumpkins! I get them in the air fryer, clean up the mess from carving, then enjoy a snack while watching a Halloween movie!
It’s a fun routine that the kids love!
Pumpkin seeds – Cut the top off your pumpkin and reach in to remove all that pulp, along with the seeds. Easy peasy – and the kids love to help with this job.
Spices – We’re using a mix of garlic salt and smoked paprika to give these a smoky, roasty, savory flavor.
How to make:
Harvest the Seeds– Remove your pumpkin seeds from a fresh pumpkin and place in a colander. Rinse well, removing all of the pumpkin pulp from the seeds. Now press them dry and then add to a mixing bowl.
Season – Drizzle oil over the pumpkin seeds, then sprinkle in your garlic salt and paprika. Stir this all together to coat the seeds.
Roast the pumpkin seeds – Add your coated seeds to the air fryer basket. Cook them at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Remove and shake the basket a few times during cooking to help them roast evenly.
Store your roasted pumpkin seeds in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Roasted pumpkin seeds will be delicious with a wide variety of seasoning. Try taco seasoning for some Mexican flair or Cajun seasoning for a little spice. Ranch seasoning is always a hit, as well.
More snack recipes you might like:
Let us know your opinion!
We’d love to hear what you think of this recipe! Leave a comment and star rating down below! And don’t forget to pin and share!
Air Fryer Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Remove 2 cups worth of pumpkin seeds from a fresh pumpkin and place in a colander. Rinse well, removing all of the pumpkin pulp from the seeds.
- Place the seeds between two layers of paper or cloth towels and press dry.
- Add the seeds to a mixing bowl and drizzle with the oil. Sprinkle on the garlic salt and paprika. Stir well to coat.
- Pour the pumpkin seeds into the air fryer basket.
- Cook the pumpkin seeds at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, shaking the basket every 5-10 minutes. Continue cooking for another 5 minutes if needed to get the seeds perfectly roasted, but keep a close eye on them as they’ll go from done to burnt easily.
- Let cool before serving.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.