We coated our AIR FRYER CARROTS in the goodness of honey and cinnamon and then kicked things up with a bit of cayenne! It takes less than 10 minutes in the air fryer to make these tender, flavorful carrots for dinner tonight!
Am I the only one who has to basically train my family to eat carrots?
We start off with cold baby carrots dipped in ranch and then work our way up to things like diced carrots mixed in with another food they like, eventually we’re serving up big chunks of carrots in pot roast, and then…finally…glorious, delicious, flavorful carrots all on their own as a side dish that is loved and devoured by all.
Why are vegetables like that? Why do we have to train ourselves (and, okay, mostly our kids) to tolerate them in tiny amounts before we can appreciate them for what they are?
I don’t know why, I’m just happy that we’re all finally onboard the carrot train because these air fryer carrots are FABULOUS.
So tender and flavorful. Sweet with a little kick of spice, easy to prep in minutes, quick to cook, and you don’t even have to heat up the oven.
Carrots – You will want to wash, peel, and slice them into 1/2′ thick slices. We cut them on a diagonal, but shape them how you like.
Olive Oil – Extra virgin olive oil is best for this recipe
Parsley – You need fresh minced parsley for garnishing before serving
Salt and Pepper
How to make honey glazed carrots in the air fryer:
Coat the carrots – Put your sliced carrots in a bowl and add in your olive oil, honey, salt, pepper, cinnamon, cumin, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Toss all of this together to coat the carrots well.
Cook the carrots – Brush your air fryer basket or rack with oil or spritz the oil on with a mister. Spread your carrots out in a single layer, not touching each other. Cook at 400 degrees F for 7 to 9 minutes. You know the carrots are done when they are tender throughout and golden in spots.
Serve the carrots – Transfer the cooked carrots to a serving bowl. Take your minced parsley and sprinkle over the top prior to serving.
More veggie recipes you might like:
Air Fryer Carrots
- 1 pound carrots peeled and sliced on the diagonal into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil plus more to brush inside the air fryer
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- Toss together the carrot, oil, honey, salt, black pepper, cinnamon, cumin, paprika, and cayenne pepper in a large bowl.
- Lightly brush a little olive oil on the air fryer rack. Spread the carrots out in a single layer on the air fryer rack. You may need to work in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Cook the carrots at 400F until tender and golden in spots, about 7 to 9 minutes.
- Transfer the carrots to a serving bowl and sprinkle with parsley before serving.