You can have egg rolls for breakfast with this easy air fryer recipe! Scrambled eggs, bacon, and cheese make a simple and hearty filling. We dip our breakfast egg roll recipe in country gravy!
Egg rolls are an obsession of mine. You may have noticed with the sausage egg rolls, cheeseburger egg rolls, Philly cheesesteak egg rolls, buffalo chicken egg rolls, and even APPLE PIE egg rolls I have already shared.
They used to be an every now and then make at home treat, but then we discovered egg rolls in the air fryer and now we make them alllll the time! So much easier than frying them in a pot of oil and just as delicious!
Figured it was time we turned the most important meal of the day into a new favorite and here we are – Breakfast Egg Rolls! These are the perfect weekend breakfast and the leftovers reheat beautifully in the air fryer in just a couple of minutes so you can make extra and eat them all week long.
Can’t you imagine these at your next brunch? Piled up next to some bacon and sausage, stacks of pancakes, and loads of fresh fruit? Sounds like the perfect weekend brunch to me.
Eggs -We’re scrambling these for the filling. Egg beaters would work as well.
Bacon– You can make air fryer bacon and then crumble it up or you can fry it in the same pan you cook your eggs.
Cheese– We prefer shredded cheddar, but use any shredded cheese you like.
Gravy- This one is optional, but makes a delicious dip for the egg rolls. You can buy a packet of country gravy at the store and just follow the instructions or you can easily make sausage gravy at home with a pack of sausage, some flour, and milk.
How to make:
Make The Filling- Scramble the eggs, leaving them just a bit wetter than you like as they’ll finish cooking in the air fryer. Stir in the cheddar and bacon.
Fill The Egg Rolls – Spoon about 1/4 cup of the filling into the center of an egg roll. Check out the video of this recipe or see this post for how to roll an egg roll.
Air Fry – Brush on or spritz each side of the egg roll with oil. Arrange in an even layer in the air fryer with space between each egg roll for air to move. Cook at 390 for 7 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking.
Let your egg rolls cool before adding them to an airtight container and storing them in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 3-4 minutes.
To freeze your egg rolls, let them cool completely (or shape and freeze before cooking) and then place on a sheet pan in a single layer in the freezer for one hour. Transfer the partially frozen egg rolls to a freezer bag and seal tightly. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Recipe Tips and Substitutions
We’re suckers for bacon, but sausage or diced ham also work well in these egg rolls! The next time you make air fryer sausage links, make a double batch and chop up the leftovers to use in these egg rolls.
The gravy is completely optional, but we always like to dip our egg rolls in something yummy. The packets of country gravy mix are fine or you can make this sausage gravy with just 3 ingredients!
More breakfast recipes from the air fryer:
- Air Fryer Donuts
- Buttermilk Biscuits in the Air Fryer
- Hard Boiled Eggs in the Air Fryer
- Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
- Air Fryer Bagels
Let us know your opinion!
We’d love to hear what you think of this recipe! Leave a comment and star rating down below! And don’t forget to pin and share!
Breakfast Egg Rolls in the Air Fryer
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 slices bacon fried and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 10 egg roll wrappers
- Sausage gravy for dipping – optional
- Add the eggs, milk, and salt to a mixing bowl and beat until well combined.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat and melt the butter.
- Add the eggs to the skillet and cook until eggs are mostly set, but still moist. Remove from heat.
- Stir the bacon and cheddar into the eggs.
- Spoon around 1/4 cup of the egg mixture into an egg roll wrapper. Fold in each side and then roll up tightly. Before making the last roll, dip your finger in water and brush it on the top corner of the egg roll and finish rolling to seal the egg rolls closed. Repeat with the remaining egg rolls.
- Lightly spritz the egg rolls on each side with oil spray.
- Place egg rolls in an air fryer basket in an even layer leaving space for air to flow between each egg roll. You will likely need to work in 2-3 batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Cook at 390 degrees for 7 minutes or until golden brown on the outside, flipping halfway through cooking.
- Serve hot with sausage gravy for dipping.