No need to decide between your favorite burger or an egg roll! These CHEESEBURGER EGG ROLLS hit the spot every time. Serve them with our special sauce for dipping!
Egg rolls cooked in the air fryer are magnificent. That’s all there is to it!
As a result of my firm and unwavering opinion in this matter I have made a bunch of different types of egg rolls in my air fryer. I have classic sausage egg rolls, apple pie egg rolls, and buffalo chicken egg rolls here on the site! They’re all delicious!
Anyway, I got the idea for this recipe from my kids. They make what they call “Big Mac Burritos” during the rare occasions we get McDonald’s. They don’t love the buns, so they put the big mag in a flour tortilla and eat it that way, all rolled up with the fries.
The Big Mac Burrito is actually pretty good, but these cheeseburger egg rolls are even better! And you don’t even have to hit up the drive-thru to make it happen. 😉
Ground beef – Choose lean ground beef for this recipe. We don’t want things getting all greasy, that defeats the purpose of the air fryer!
Cheese– We have American cheese in the recipe, since that’s our go to for a burger. Feel free to mix it up though.
Seasoning – We’re keeping it simple with seasoned salt, garlic powder, and onion powder, but feel free to swap in your favorite burger seasoning blend.
How to make cheeseburger egg rolls:
Cook the filling– Brown the ground beef, drain any grease, and add in the seasoning, chopped pickles, ketchup, and mustard. Give it a good stir and then top with the cheese slices. Cover the lid and let the cheese melt for a couple of minutes before you stir it all up.
Shape the egg rolls– Spoon approximately 2 tablespoons of the burger mix into an egg roll wrapper. Fold in each side and then roll up tightly. Before making the last roll, dip your finger in water and brush it on the top corner of the egg roll and finish rolling to seal the egg rolls closed. Repeat with the remaining egg rolls.
Cook the egg rolls– Brush or spritz oil in your air fryer basket and on each side of the egg rolls. Place the egg rolls in your air fryer evenly spaced and in a single layer. Cook for 7 minutes at 390 degrees F.
Cheeseburger Dipping Sauce:
Make the dipping sauce– While the egg rolls are cooking, get a small bowl and whisk together mayo, ketchup, pickle juice, and seasoned salt.
This sauce is perfect for dunking your egg rolls. You’ll also want to try it with our air fryer frozen french fries!
Store the sauce in an air-tight container in the fridge. It will last for 5-7 days.
Keep the egg rolls in a freezer bag or an air-tight container. They will keep in the fridge for 3-5 days. You can freeze cooked egg rolls and they will last 2-4 weeks.
Reheat them in the air fryer at 350 degrees F until warm. This should take about 3 minutes from the fridge.
Recipe Tips and Substitutions
It is important to wet the end of the egg roll wrapper when rolling! This keeps the egg roll from unrolling while cooking.
If you are a bacon cheeseburger lover, you’ll want to try adding crumbled bacon to this mixture! So darn good!
We love American cheese on our burgers (the deli kind, not the plastic wrapped kind) but feel free to use cheddar, pepperjack, or any other cheese you like.
More recipes you might like:
- Air Fryer Cheese Curds
- Air Fryer Frozen Pizza
- Air Fried Shrimp
- Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- Air Fried Tater Tots
Let us know your opinion!
We’d love to hear what you think of this recipe! Leave a comment and star rating down below! And don’t forget to pin and share!
Cheeseburger Egg Rolls
For the egg rolls:
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 slices American cheese
- ½ cup chopped dill pickles
- 16 egg roll wrappers
For the dipping sauce:
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dill pickle juice
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Add the ground beef to a large skillet over medium heat, crumbling the beef as it cooks.
- Once cooked through, drain the beef and return to the skillet.
- Add the ketchup, mustard, seasoned salt, onion powder, and garlic powder and stir to coat the meat over low heat.
- Place the cheese slices over the meat mixture, turn off the heat, and cover the pan. Let sit for 3-4 minutes to melt the cheese. Remove the lid and stir to combine.
- Spoon around 1/4 cup of the cheeseburger mixture into an egg roll wrapper. Fold in each side and then roll up tightly. Before making the last roll, dip your finger in water and brush it on the top corner of the egg roll and finish rolling to seal the egg rolls closed. Repeat with the remaining egg rolls.
- Lightly spritz the egg rolls on each side with oil spray.
- Place egg rolls in an air fryer basket in an even layer leaving space for air to flow between each egg roll. You will likely need to work in 2-3 batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Cook at 390 degrees for 7 minutes or until golden brown on the outside, flipping halfway through cooking.
- Serve hot with dipping sauce.
- To make the dipping sauce: Whisk together all of the ingredients for the sauce to combine.