Our APPLE PIE EGG ROLLS are filled with fresh apples that have been tossed in cinnamon and sugar, wrapped in an egg roll wrapper, and air fried until crispy on the outside and soft and tender on the inside! Dip them in caramel for the ultimate Fall dessert!
Egg rolls are usually a savory snack and we’ve been LOVING making them at home after discovering how easy it is to make egg rolls in the air fryer! It’s only natural that we’d start experimenting with the fillings. We’ve even done buffalo chicken egg rolls!
Apple pie is a favorite in our house, so we came up with these apple pie egg rolls and let me tell you – they are divine! That crispy shell and sweet apple filling is just perfect, especially for a Fall treat!
Plus, you don’t have to make a pie crust to get that apple pie fix and that’s a big ol’ win in my book!
Everyone thinks these apple pie egg rolls are fun to eat and they’re different than the usual fall dessert, which makes them so fun to serve to guests.
Apples – We recommend Granny Smith apples for this recipe. These apples are a bit more tart than other varieties which is wonderful in any apple pie recipe.
Egg roll wrappers – We find these in the refrigerated produce section next to the tofu and vegan cheese in most grocery stores.
Spices – We used a mix of cinnamon and nutmeg, but you could swap in apple pie spice, if you prefer.
How to Make Apple Pie Egg Rolls:
Cut the apples -Peel your apples and cut out the core. Then take what is left and cut the apples into a small dice. We want smaller pieces here to make filling the delicate egg roll wrappers easy.
Make the “apple pie” filling – Add the apple cubes to a bowl along with lemon juice, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir it all up and just try to resist sneaking a bite or two of that glorious apple pie filling.
Fold the egg roll wrappers – Place one egg roll wrapper on a plate with one corner facing you. Spoon around 2 tablespoons of apple pie filling on to the bottom center of the wrapper.
First, fold the sides in and over the filling. Next, fold up the bottom over the filling. Then, begin rolling the egg roll up from the bottom and towards the top.
Before folding in the top corner, wet your finger with a bit of water and brush it on the top corner to seal the egg roll as you roll it closed.
Cook your egg rolls – Spritz each side of your egg rolls with an oil spray or lightly brush them with oil if you don’t have an oil mister. Place egg rolls in the air fryer without letting them touch. Work in batches if you need to. Cook at 390 degrees for 7 minutes.
Serve – Pile up your egg rolls, sprinkle with powdered sugar, and serve with warm caramel sauce for dipping.
We love the tartness and texture of Granny Smith apples for baking, but Jonagold and Honeycrisp are also excellent choices.
We reheat egg rolls in the air fryer for maximum crispiness and that freshly fried taste! Reheat at 350 degrees for 2 minutes.
Keep it simple with a caramel dip. You can add whipped cream, chopped nuts, extra cinnamon and sugar, bavarian cream, ice cream, or any other topping you would like on a pie or apple crisp!
More air fried dessert recipes:
Let us know your opinion!
We’d love to hear what you think of this recipe! Leave a comment and star rating down below! And don’t forget to pin and share!
Apple Pie Egg Rolls
- 3 Granny Smith apples
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- Powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Caramel for serving
- Peel the apples and dice into small cubes.
- Add the apples to a mixing bowl along with the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and lemon juice. Stir well to combine. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of the apple mixture into an egg roll wrapper. Fold in each side and then roll up tightly. Before making the last roll, dip your finger in water and brush it on the top corner of the egg roll and finish rolling to seal the egg rolls closed. Repeat with the remaining egg rolls.
- Lightly spritz the egg rolls on each side with oil spray.
- Place egg rolls in an air fryer basket in an even layer leaving space for air to flow between each egg roll. You will likely need to work in 2-3 batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Cook at 390 degrees for 7 minutes or until golden brown on the outside, flipping halfway through cooking.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar after removing from the air fryer and serve with caramel sauce for dipping.