This air fryer cookie for one recipe is sized perfectly for the air fryer. With this recipe, you will get one big chocolate chip cookie. Big enough to share, but so good that you won’t want to!
How often do you get a craving for a cookie, but don’t need to cook a whole batch? Daily, you say? I thought so!
This recipe is perfect for that situation. It makes one big cookie and by doing it in the air fryer you don’t have to heat up your whole kitchen, or make an entire batch!
The cookie will have a soft, gooey inside and a slightly crisp outside. These are like a giant bakery-style cookie and you won’t be able to resist it!
If you are in fact looking to cook a whole batch, maybe try out our air fryer peanut butter cookies too!
“This is way too good! Way too easy.
Share? I don’t think so.”
“Wet” ingredients- Check your cabinets to make sure you have granulated sugar, brown sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla.
“Dry” ingredients- The only dry ingredients are flour, baking soda, and salt.
The additions- This is the chocolate chips. Almost everyone uses semi-sweet, because that’s what they grew up with. That is fine if it is your favorite. But if you can be persuaded, I encourage you to try milk chocolate chips instead. They are a little sweeter, melt a little differently, and just help the recipe a little!
How to Air Fry a Cookie:
- Add melted butter, brown sugar, and sugar to a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Add an egg yolk and vanilla and stir again.
- Mix in flour, baking soda, and salt to the bowl to make a dough.
- Stir in plenty of chocolate chips.
- Shape the dough into a large ball and then flatten.
- Place a piece of parchment paper in the air fryer basket and put the cookie dough in the center of the parchment paper.
- Cook for five minutes.
If you need a cookie that you can dip into a cup of milk, you can just split the dough ball into two cookies. Cook for 4 minutes if you have two smaller cookies.
Milk chocolate chips are my favorite, but you can use peanut butter, white chocolate, or semi-sweet also!
You can add M&M’s to the cookie, or use them to replace the chocolate chips. Get creative and have fun!
Shop our Favorite Air Fryers!
We’ve tested loads of air fryers over the years and narrowed it down to the best of the best! Whether you’re looking for a basket-style air fryer that fits nicely on your countertop or you want the toaster oven-style air fryer, we’ve got a recommendation for you!
More recipes you might like:
- Crispy cauliflower with some homemade ranch dressing is a great snack!
- Hasselback potatoes are a really easy recipe in the air fryer!
- You can even make brats in an air fryer!
- Air fryer drumsticks are the best!
Easy Cookie Recipe
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup + 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Add the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar to a mixing bowl and stir with a spoon to combine.
- Add the egg yolk and vanilla and stir well.
- Mix in the flour, baking soda, and salt to form a dough.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Shape the dough into a large ball and flatten lightly to form a ball of cookie dough that is about 4 inches in diameter.
- Carefully place a piece of parchment paper down in the preheated air fryer basket and place the cookie dough in the center. The dough will spread a bit, so be sure that the parchment is large enough to allow space for spreading.
- Air fry for 5 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes before serving.