AIR FRYER DRUMSTICKS are really juicy and super easy to make thanks to the air fryer! The skin gets nice and crisp and the chicken is juicy and flavorful.
If you love chicken legs (and who doesn’t?!), cooking them in the air fryer is a super easy way to feed your craving.
We love chicken that is juicy, not dry. And everyone knows the skin is the best part of any chicken. The seasoning blend in this recipe makes a fantastic tasting skin and the air fryer crisps it up beautifully while keeping the inside juicy and tender.
This is what chicken drumstick dreams are made of! 😉
The other great thing about cooking drumsticks in an air fryer is they make a perfect lunch! With hardly any mess to clean up when you’re done and the speed of the preparation, this is a breeze.
How to air fry chicken drumsticks:
This post contains affiliate links. As a member of Amazon and other affiliate programs I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Get a large Ziploc baggie and fill it with the seasonings.
- Add the drumsticks to the bag and mix them all up until each drumstick is coated in seasoning.
- Cook them for 20 minutes in your air fryer flipping them after 10 minutes.
- Verify the chicken is up to 165 degrees Fahrenheit and if so, it is ready to serve!
Which air fryer do I reccomend?
I only have experience with one brand/model of air fryer, but I’m very happy with it and it has amazing reviews on Amazon, which is why I purchased it.
I use the OMORC Air Fryer XL. It’s 5.8 quarts which means that it’s large enough to hold plenty of food. Some of those air fryers are tiny (which is fine for small households!), but I wanted a bigger one for my family of four.
It’s dishwasher safe, too. Always a win in my book.
Chicken Drumsticks FAQ:
We recommend thawing the chicken first to ensure that the chicken cooks through without the outside getting too overdone. Cooking meat from frozen often results in an uneven cook.
They are fine to reheat in the microwave, but the skin won’t be crisp anymore. Pop them back into the air fryer until they’re warmed through if you prefer crispy skin.
You can use any sort of oil you want. We like avocado oil because of it’s high smoke point.
More air fried recipes you might like:
- We loved these buffalo chicken flautas!
- I am eager to try out these potato skins in my air fryer!
- If you want a low carb air-fried dinner you can go with this pork chop and broccoli recipe.
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large zip top bag and seal. Smush the chicken around in the bag to coat in the seasoning.
- Arrange chicken in the air fryer basket. Do not overcrowd. You may have to work in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Cook for 20 minutes, flipping the chicken halfway through, or until the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 201Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 116mgSodium: 222mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 22g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.