Air fryer Oreos are simply amazing! They’re every bit as good as the fried Oreos you’d get from the fair, but they’re a little healthier and a whole lot cheaper in the air fryer. Plus, you can make them at home in minutes.
I love fair food! I would happily eat elephant ears and funnel cake all day and just skip the rides.
Of course, my favorite of all the deep-fried foods is deep-fried Oreo cookies! The crispy outer coating gives way to a soft, almost melty cookie. It’s seriously so surprisingly good.
With a major craving for some deep-fried Oreos the other day, I set out to test making these in the air fryer. This made my day as I got to eat more than a few air fried Oreos while testing! 😉
I like the air fried Reeses and other candy bars a lot too, but the Oreo is where it all started for me!
Dough– The secret to making these so easy to cook is to use a canned roll of crescent dough! Keep an eye out for the tube that says ‘crescent dough sheet.’ This means the dough is just one big sheet instead of being already cut into triangles.
Cookie– The only other significant ingredient is the Oreo. Don’t go off-brand, it is worth it to get the real deal here!
When it comes to the cookie, we did center this recipe around Oreos. If you have a favorite cookie, it will likely work here. My husband loves Golden Oreos, and I love traditional Oreos we have made both as fried Oreos.
You can use any cookie that would be yummy as a soft, creamy cookie. You could try out something like E.L. Fudge, Nutter Butter, or many others if you want. But if you are experimenting, go with the trusty Oreo!
Toppings– We topped ours in powdered sugar for that classic feel, there are other topping options listed below!
How to Make Air Fried Oreos:
This post contains affiliate links. As a member of Amazon and other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Wrap the Oreo- Cut the dough into 10 squares. Wrap an Oreo with each square trying to make sure the Oreo is fully covered and the dough equally thick on all sides.
Air fry the Oreo- Spray all sides of the wrapped Oreos with cooking oil and place in air fryer. <— You can skip this if you want to cut calories/fat a bit, but it does help give it that fried vibe! 4 minutes later, pull them out and coat them in powdered sugar.
Tips for Making Air Fried Oreos
- These are best served hot from the air fryer. They’ll keep, covered, for a few days, but they definitely turn more into an Oreo stuffed biscuit vs. a fried Oreo after they’ve fully cooled down.
- We haven’t tried reheating these, but if you do, I’d recommend doing so in the air fryer for a minute or two. Like most ‘fried’ food…these are best served immediately.
- The traditional way to eat these is coated with powdered sugar. You can substitute the topping with whatever you like. Another popular option is a cinnamon-sugar blend.
Shop our Favorite Air Fryers!
We’ve tested loads of air fryers over the years and narrowed it down to the best of the best! Whether you’re looking for a basket-style air fryer that fits nicely on your countertop or you want the toaster oven-style air fryer, we’ve got a recommendation for you!
More Great Air Fryer Recipes:
- Still have a sweet tooth? Try out our Snickers Egg Roll recipe!
- Another variation of a deep-fried classic that we love is this air fryer chicken tender recipe.
- Something spicy for you to enjoy before the sweet dessert is this buffalo chicken flauta!
- These ranch roasted potatoes are a favorite.
Air Fryer Oreos
- 10 Double Stuf Oreo Cookies
- 1 sheet crescent roll dough
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- Preheat air fryer to 380 degrees.
- Unroll the crescent dough sheet onto a lightly floured surface and use a rolling pin to lightly flatten the dough.
- Cut dough into 10 equal sized pieces and wrap each Oreo in a piece of the dough, pinching the seams to close.
- Lightly spray both sides of the wrapped cookie with oil spray and place in an air fryer basket, being careful not to overcrowd the basket. Work in batches if necessary.
- Air fry for 4 minutes.
- Remove from the air fryer and sprinkle liberally with powdered sugar.
- Serve warm.