BUFFALO CHICKEN FLAUTAS are made extra easy in the air fryer and you’ll be impressed by how delicious they are! They get so crispy on the outside!
Flautas are delicious. They are basically a larger version of taquitos wrapped in a flour tortilla instead of a corn tortilla.
This recipe incorporates buffalo chicken into a traditional Mexican dish and oh boy was it tasty. A little spicy, a little creamy, and super addicting.
In our family, we like things a little bit hot, not overwhelming and this recipe reflects that. You can add more or less hot sauce to make it as spicy or as mild you prefer.
How to make buffalo chicken flautas:
- Shred or chop some cooked chicken. Rotisserie chicken is perfect for this.
- Add cream cheese and buffalo sauce to a mixing bowl and stir to combine. Stir in the chicken and seasoning.
- Spoon mixture evenly between flour tortillas and roll them up tightly.
- Place them in an air fryer basket seam-side down, spray with cooking spray, and air fry.
Tips & Tricks:
Start with a rotisserie chicken to keep these extra simple and quick. You can use any combination of white or dark meat that you prefer.
To make these extra spicy, sprinkle in some cayenne pepper instead of adding extra hot sauce to avoid your mixture getting too wet.
We used 8 inch tortillas and filled each one with 3 tablespoons of filling. Your mileage may vary depending on the size of the tortillas you use.
How to store your leftovers:
Extra filling? Store it in a tightly covered dish in the fridge for up to 5 days. It makes a great cracker spread!
Leftover flautas can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days or the freezer for up to one month. Reheat in the air fryer or microwave.
What air fryer do you recommend?
This post contains affiliate links. As a member of Amazon and other affiliate programs I earn from qualifying purchases.
In our house, we use the OMORC Air Fryer XL. It’s 5.8 quarts which means that it’s large enough to hold plenty of food. Some of those air fryers are tiny (which is fine for small households!), but I wanted a bigger one for my family of four.
It’s dishwasher safe, too. Always a win in my book.
More recipes you might like if you enjoyed this one:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 - 1 cup Frank's Buffalo Sauce, see note
- 1 ½ cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- Add the cream cheese and ½ cup of hot sauce to a mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add the chicken, garlic powder, onion, powder, and dill. Mix well to combine. Taste mixture and add more hot sauce as desired. See note.
- Place 3 tablespoons of the chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla and roll them up tightly.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Place seam-side down in an air fryer basket in a single layer. You may need to work in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer. Spray with cooking spray.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes or until flautas are as crispy as you’d like.
- Serve with ranch dressing or blue cheese, if desired.
To make extra spicy flautas, add cayenne pepper to the mixture. Adding too much hot sauce will make the filling too wet and cause it to leak out of the tortillas.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 835Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 490mgCarbohydrates: 147gFiber: 5gSugar: 2gProtein: 28g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.