Our AIR FRYER SALMON WITH TERIYAKI cooks in just 10 minutes after a short marinade. Our homemade teriyaki marinade is quick, simple, and comes together with just a handful of ingredients.
Salmon is popular in our house and we’re always coming up with new ways to serve it up.
Salmon is kind of like pizza to me, it is hard to do it wrong. There is only good, better, and great!
Additionally, I love Asian inspired food. It is so good as a sweet and spicy, or sweet and salty mix in most dishes! Teriyaki sauce though, it takes the cake.
It is my favorite sauce and I have been making my own for years now and I have tried it on almost everything, including salmon!
How to prepare the teriyaki sauce:
- Use a medium bowl to combine the ingredients for the sauce.
- You will add some soy sauce, rice vinegar, Worcestershire, honey, sugar, garlic, and ginger to this bowl.
- Stir this until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Pour or scoop out 1/4 cup of the mixed sauce to be used after the salmon has cooked.
- Place your salmon portions into the bowl with the sauce and allow your salmon to marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
How to air fry salmon:
- Prepare your air fryer basket by misting it with vegetable oil or brushing the bottom of the basket with vegetable oil.
- Place the salmon skin side down into the basket and cook at 380 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Take out your cooked salmon and brush on the reserved teriyaki sauce.
- Serve up this goodness!
Answer a question:
Yes! In a freezer bag they should last about 4-6 months after being cooked. You can reheat int he air fryer again at 380 degrees F until hot. Check after 5 minutes.
Salmon should have an internal temp of 145 degrees F. It’ll still be pink, because…salmon is pink. 🙂 If the middle is above 145 degrees F you are safe to serve it!
Air fryer care:
As an Amazon associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
We can cook these portions of salmon no problem in our 6 quart air fryer. Also, clean up is a breeze since our air fryer is dishwasher safe!
You should not use non-stick spray in your air fryer. Your air fryer basket doesn’t like it. Instead apply vegetable oil with a brush or using a pump spray bottle in your air fryer.
More recipes you might like:
- Low carb air fryer zucchini
- Air fryer orange chicken
- Air fryer falafel
- Maple bourbon glazed shrimp in the air fryer
- 2 4-6 oz salmon filets
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil-for coating the basket
- In a medium bowl, combine the sauce ingredients, and stir until sugar is dissolved and ingredients are well mixed.
- Set aside about ¼ cup of the sauce, for brushing on the salmon after it cooks.
- Place the rest of the sauce in a shallow dish, bag, or bowl, with salmon and let the salmon marinate in the sauce for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the basket by lightly brushing olive oil on the bottom. Remove the salmon from the marinade, and discard. Place the salmon, skin side down into the basket.
- Cook at 380 degrees for 10 minutes. Once done cooking, brush on an additional coating of the reserved teriyaki sauce.
- Let salmon rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Be sure to NOT use any of the sauce the salmon marinated in, as it had raw salmon in it.
No need to marinate longer than 30 minutes.
Brush sauce on lightly after cooking, as it can be very salty from the soy sauce. For less salty taste, use low sodium soy sauce.
There should be just enough sauce to marinate 4 salmon filets, if you'd like to increase the salmon. No need to double the ingredients for the sauce as well.
The nutrition information is calculated using ALL of the sauce. Most of it will be discarded which will significantly change the nutrition, but I'm unsure how to account for that.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 847Total Fat: 49gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 35gCholesterol: 214mgSodium: 1988mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 15gProtein: 78g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.