Our GARLIC FRIES are cooked in the air fryer to keep things healthy and easy! We take our homemade fries, and season them with a little garlic and olive oil.
Homemade french fries are great right? You can cut them the size you want, get them as soft or as crisp as you want, and season them up to your tastes.
This time around we were craving garlic…which happens often, let’s be real.
In our family we like to experiment and change things a lot. We made a “fry sauce” that we dipped our garlic fries in and also put on our burgers! It was so good I had to share it, so look below and you will find a bonus recipe!
How to make garlic fries in the air fryer:
- Peel your potatoes and cut them lengthwise into french fry sized strips.
- Combine the potatoes with the olive oil in a large bowl. Stir the potatoes to coat them in the oil.
- Sprinkle in the salt, garlic powder, and pepper then stir the fries again to coat.
- Add the fries to an air fryer basket in a single even layer. Try not to stack them so that they cook more evenly. Cook these for 20 minutes and shake the basket after 10 minutes.
- After they are cooked to the crispiness you like, put them in a bowl and toss with the minced garlic.
- Have a taste of a fry and add more salt, pepper, or garlic salt to your preferred taste.
- Garnish with parsley and serve!
Answer a question:
Yes, they are!
Hamburgers, brats, chicken tenders, and wings are our go-to!
Bonus Fry Sauce Recipe!
We got this recipe from Bunsinmyoven.com.
Stir together the following ingredients:
- 1/4 cup of mayo
- 2 tablespoons of ketchup
- 1 teasponn of vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of season salt
That’s it! This is good for our fries, for burgers, for onion rings, for just about everything!
More recipes you might like:
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely minced
- Parsley to garnish
- Place the cut fries in a large mixing bowl and cover with cold water. Let set for 30 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and pat completely dry.
- Preheat the air fryer at 380 degrees for 5 minutes.
- While the air fryer is preheating, combine the potatoes with the olive oil. Stir the potatoes with a spoon to coat in the oil.
- Sprinkle the salt, garlic powder, and pepper over the fries and toss to coat.
- Add the coated fries to the basket and cook at 380 degrees for 20 minutes. Do not stack the fries, or they won’t cook evenly. Work in batches if necessary. Shake the basket half way through cooking.
- Once they are golden brown and crisp, transfer the fries to a bowl, and toss with the minced garlic.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste, or garlic salt, if you prefer more of the garlic flavor.
- Keep cooked fries in a warm oven while waiting on other batches to cook, if necessary.
- Garnish with parsley just before serving.
Check the fries at 15 minutes and adjust the cook time to suit your preferences for crispiness.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 278mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.