This AIR FRYER GRILLED CHEESE has the perfect crisp outside, but the inside is pure melty perfection! This sandwich couldn’t be easier!
A grilled cheese sandwich is a classic easy lunch. Pair with some homemade tomato soup or a bowl of chili and life. is. good.
The air fryer is a great way to cook just about everything…even the classic grilled cheese! Perfectly crispy outside, super gooey inside, and you don’t have to stand over the stove and babysit. This is a great option for kids to make themselves too!
How to make grilled cheese in the air fryer:
The first thing to do is butter one side of two pieces of bread.
Put two pieces of cheese between the bread with the buttered side facing out.
You can use any type of cheese you like. We usually keep it simple with the Kraft singles…it’s what we grew up with!
If you want an EXTRA CHEESY sandwich, sprinkle a little shredded cheddar between the sliced cheese. It’s amazing.
Cook each side in the air fryer for four minutes. It doesn’t get much easier than this!
Common grilled cheese questions:
Honestly, any cheese will work, even cream cheese! The classic grilled cheese calls for 2 slices of American cheese, but you can replace that with whatever sliced cheese you have on hand. Cheddar, havarti, and pepperjack are personal favorites of ours.
We usually have white sandwich bread on hand, but wheat also works well. French bread or any artisan bread will also work. Use what you like!
Believe it or not, mayo makes a great grilled cheese! Slather the outside with mayo instead of butter and your sandwich will crisp up perfectly.
Soup, chili, french fries, chips, and a side of ranch dressing to dip it in! There really is no wrong answer when it comes to grilled cheese…it goes great with anything!
More recipes you might like:
- Try our beer cheese bratwurst in the air fryer if you want a cheesy alternative to grilled cheese.
- Air fried Oreos make an absolutely amazing dessert!
- We also love these air fryer chicken strips for a quick and easy lunch!
- 2 slices bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 2 slices deli-style American cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar
- Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees.
- Butter one side of each piece of bread.
- Place one cheese slice on one piece of bread. Sprinkle on the shredded cheddar and top with the remaining cheese and bread with the butter facing out.
- Place in the air fryer basket and cook for 4 minutes. Flip the sandwich and continue cooking for 4 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
You may use any type of cheese or bread you prefer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 392Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 919mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 12g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.