Making a whole SWEET POTATO IN YOUR AIR FRYER is easy and very tasty! They make a healthy side dish without heating up the whole kitchen and they’re quicker than using the oven too!
I do love a good sweet potato! I eat them often and just about any way you can cook them. One of the best ways to cook them is baked.
But why bake when an air fryer is an option? The air fryer makes the inside taste just as good as baked, the outside is even crispier than oven baked, and I don’t heat up my whole kitchen.
Plus, using the air fryer is a bit quicker than using the oven and it gives me an excuse to use my favorite appliance…not that I need one. 😉
Be sure to top these air fryer sweet potatoes with this cinnamon honey butter! So dang good!
This post contains affiliate links. As a member of Amazon and other affiliate programs I earn from qualifying purchases.
How to make an air fried sweet potatoes:
- Clean the potatoes and prick them with a fork
- Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees
- Coat the entirety of the potatoes in oil and sprinkle all around with salt.
- Place the potatoes in the air fryer with room for air movement and cook for about 40 minutes.
Common sweet potato questions:
Wrap them in foil and eat them through the week. They’re even good cold!
Yes they are! They are my favorite part of the potato and they also add nutritional value above just the inside of the potatoes.
Sweet potatoes are a little higher in fiber, Vitamin A, and Vitamin C giving them a slight nod over white potatoes. Both are a good source for carbohydrates!
Which Air Fryer Do You Recommend?
I actually have a couple of comments on this. First, I don’t have a whole lot of air fryers. I don’t think anyone does. I have used a few different ones, and my current favorite is the OMORC Air Fryer XL. This is because I like to use my dishwasher any time I can, and this is dishwasher safe. I also find the size (just under 6 quarts) to be the perfect size for my family of four.
Secondly, another product that is a must for air fryer owners is a mister. This is because the aerosol can non sticking spray can do damage to your air fryer basket after repeatedly spraying it on the basket. To avoid this, refill your mister with vegetable oil and problem solved!
More recipes you might like:
- If you are looking for a regular air fryer baked potato we do have one of those also!
- These brats in an air fryer are a favorite around here.
- When you want to cure that sweet tooth craving you can make these really easy air fryer oreos!
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Scrub the sweet potatoes clean and prick with a fork.
- Coat the sweet potatoes in oil and sprinkle all over with salt.
- Preheat air fryer to 390 degrees. Place sweet potatoes in the basket, being careful not to overcrowd to allow air flow around each potato.
- Cook for 35-40 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork.
Store leftover sweet potatoes in the fridge, wrapped in foil.
Serve with cinnamon honey butter.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 137Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 570mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 2g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.