These Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes are a cheesy, decadent side dish or quick lunch – loaded with tender potatoes, cheddar, bacon, and more! Making twice baked potatoes in the air fryer is quicker than using the oven and you don’t have to heat up the whole kitchen to do it!
If you are human you love potatoes. I know this to be true. If you say I am wrong, go back to your own planet. 😉
There are so many amazing ways we have come up with for eating potatoes, and in my opinion, all of them are good!
In the air fryer, our versatility in the potato department continues to grow! All along the air fryer has been great for air fryer baked potatoes, air fryer French fries, and even air fried sweet potatoes!
That all brings us to the ultimate Air Fryer Twice Baked Potato.
We love twice baked potatoes – so cheesy and flavorful with a fun mix of textures – and making them in the air fryer is quicker than in the oven!
These still take a fair bit of time to cook, as all baked potato recipes do, but any way to get potatoes in our mouth faster is a win by me!
Potatoes – You’ll want to use good sized baking potatoes for this recipe. We like Russet potatoes.
Seasonings- Olive oil, salt, and seasoned salt make up our base seasonings.
Filling– We will be mixing butter, cream cheese, sour cream, bacon, cheddar cheese, and chives with the potato flesh and then filling the skin with it. It’ll all get topped off with extra cheese, of course.
How to Make Twice Baked Potatoes in the Air Fryer:
Air fry the potatoes– After washing your potatoes, coat them in olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place them in your air fryer basket and air fry for 40 minutes at 400 degrees F. Flip them halfway through cooking. The potatoes should be easily pierced with a fork when cooked enough.
Scoop the flesh- Once your potatoes are cool enough to handle (about 10-15 minutes, if you use a towel to cover your hand while holding the potato) slice them in half lengthwise and scoop the centers out of the potato. Leave 1/8 to a 1/4 inch of potato along the skin.
Prep the filling – Put the potato flesh in a bowl. Add milk, sour cream, butter, cream cheese, and seasoned salt to the bowl of potatoes and mash it all together until it’s smooth and creamy. Next stir in your bacon, cheddar cheese, and chives. Spoon this mixture back into your hollowed-out potatoes.
Air fry again– Return your filled potatoes to the air fryer, sprinkle with a little cheddar, and air fry for 10-15 minutes, but this time cook at 350 degrees F.
I like to add meat and make the potato an entire meal! You can add pulled pork or brisket for example! If meat isn’t your thing and you just want more flavor you can add onions, beans, or perhaps chili!
I am a huge fan of meatloaf served with twice-baked potatoes. We also enjoy steak kabobs or chicken with our twice baked potatoes.
More Air Fryer Recipes:
Let us know your opinion!
We’d love to hear what you think of this recipe! Leave a comment and star rating down below! And don’t forget to pin and share!
- 2 Russet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- ¾ teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 pieces bacon, fried and crumbled
- ½ cup shredded cheddar, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Scrub the potatoes well and pat dry.
- Coat the potatoes in the olive oil and sprinkle with the kosher salt.
- Arrange the potatoes in an air fryer basket and cook for 35-45 minutes, or until easily pierced with a fork, flipping the potatoes over about halfway through cooking. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop the potatoes out with a spoon into a small bowl leaving about 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch of potato along the skin.
- Add the milk, sour cream, butter, cream cheese, and seasoned salt to the potatoes and mash well until smooth and creamy. Add additional milk if needed to reach the desired consistency.
- Stir the bacon, 1/4 cup of cheddar, and green onions into the potatoes until combined. Taste and add additional salt, if needed.
- Spoon the mashed potatoes evenly into the shells.
- Top with the remaining cheese and air fry at 350 for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are heated through and the cheese has melted.
Sprinkle with additional green onions before serving, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 potato half
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 231Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 685mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 8g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.