Our Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts turn out moist and flavorful with a crispy layer of bacon wrapped around the outside! This is a fun dinner that everyone goes nuts for! Ready in less than 30 minutes!
So it was fate that a bacon and chicken lover like me was going to put the two together in the air fryer, right? Oh goodness – this one is a match made in heaven!
Crispy, salty bacon wrapped around tender, moist chicken breasts…what’s not to love about that combination?
We kept this really simple with a seasoning mixture that takes just a second to stir together, but the options are endless. You could go the Cajun route and use your favorite Cajun seasoning to add some spice, or you could brush on honey mustard during the last couple of minutes of cooking. You could add BBQ sauce or season your chicken with ranch seasoning. So many ways to mix this up and make it your own!
Chicken – You need 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts that are similar in size. Pound them to an even thickness if needed.
Bacon– You’ll need 8 slices of regular cut bacon. Thick cut bacon will take too long to cook and won’t crisp up as nicely.
Seasoning– Garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, brown sugar, parsley, salt, and pepper.
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast in the Air Fryer:
Season the Chicken- Pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness. Combine all your seasoning ingredients to a small bowl and sprinkle over both sides of the chicken. Make sure to really coat the chicken in the seasoning mixture.
Wrap in Bacon – Wrap 2 slices of bacon around each chicken breast, and tuck the ends of the bacon under the breast so it doesn’t come unwrapped.
Air Fry the Chicken – Place your chicken in your air fryer basket and air fry for 12 minutes at 380 degrees F. Make sure to leave a bit of space between each piece of chicken for the air to flow or the bacon won’t crisp up as well.
Increase the temp to 400 degrees and cook for 2 more minutes. This should crisp up your bacon and ensure that the chicken is cooked through.
The bacon may leave a bit of a pink tint around the edges of the chicken, which is completely safe. It’s always best to check for doneness with a meat thermometer. Chicken should be 165 degrees.
Keep them in an air tight container in your fridge for up to 4 days. You can reheat in your air fryer at 380 degrees until warm. It should take about 4-5 minutes.
More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes:
- Air Fryer Chicken Caprese
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Firecracker Chicken
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Legs
- Air Fryer Chicken Snack Wrap
Let us know your opinion!
We’d love to hear what you think of this recipe! Leave a comment and star rating down below! And don’t forget to pin and share!
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast
- 4 chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- 8 slices bacon
- Pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness.
- Combine the seasonings in a small bowl and sprinkle over both sides of the chicken.
- Wrap 2 slices of bacon around each chicken breasts, being sure to tuck the bacon under the breast so that it doesn’t come unwrapped during cooking.
- Place chicken breasts in the air fryer basket and air fry at 380 degrees for 12 minutes.
- Increase heat to 400 degrees and cook for 1-2 minutes more or until bacon is as crisp as you’d like and chicken has reached 165 degrees.