This Air Fryer Chicken Caprese recipe is easy to make, loaded with fresh ingredients, and absolutely delicious! The simple marinade packs in loads of flavor and the chicken turns out so juicy from the air fryer!
Not much beats the flavors of a caprese salad…ripe tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, basil, and balsamic all just come together in the perfect way, bursting with simple but vibrant flavor!
Only way to improve on that classic? Serve it up over a juicy chicken breast that’s been marinated in a mixture of balsamic, olive oil, and garlic!
Oh man, this caprese chicken is outrageously good and seriously simple!
Much like our recipes for air fryer pork tenderloin and air fryer stuffed chicken, this will quickly become a go to dinner. It’s nice enough to serve to guests, but easy enough for any night of the week. Don’t you love recipes like that??
Chicken breast- This recipe uses two 6 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts. The recipe easily doubles if you need to serve 4.
Cheese- Fresh mozzarella is a must.
Tomatoes- This is best made when tomatoes are juicy and ripe.
Marinade- A simple combination of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, and Italian seasoning will add loads of flavor to your chicken caprese.
How to Make Caprese Chicken in the Air Fryer:
Marinade- Add your oil, vinegar, Italian seasoning, garlic and salt to a shallow dish. Stir together and then add the chicken. Let marinate in the fridge for 4 hours.
Air fry the chicken– Spritz your air fryer basket with oil, add the chicken, and cook for 10 minutes at 380 degrees F or until chicken reaches 160 degrees. It will continue cooking once you add the tomatoes and cheese.
Add the toppings– Arrange your cheese slices and tomato slices over the chicken and air fry for an additional 2 minutes. Sprinkle with basil, drizzle with balsamic glaze, and devour!
Just keep them in an air-tight container for up to three or four days in the fridge. Reheat them in the air fryer at 360 degrees until they are warm again.
Caprese chicken is seasoned chicken breast topped with the usual components of a caprese salad – ripe tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, basil, and balsamic. It can be cooked in a variety of ways, but we prefer to cook it in the air fryer.
Caprese Salad, which is believed to have originated in Capri, Italy, is a salad made of ripe tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and basil. It is often drizzled with olive oil or balsamic vinegar to finish it off.
We love to serve this Air Fryer Caprese Chicken with either garlic bread or air fryer breadsticks. A nice green salad and buttered pasta also make a great addition to the meal.
Tips for this recipe:
As with all chicken recipes, be sure to cook the chicken all the way through! You will know it is done and safe to eat when the internal temp of the chicken is over 165 degrees F.
Air Fryer Chicken Caprese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 chicken breasts boneless skinless, about 6 ounces each
- 2 slices fresh mozzarella cheese halved
- 2 slices fresh tomato halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Balsamic glaze for drizzling over the top
- Add the oil, vinegar, garlic, Italian seasoning, and salt to a plastic bag or shallow dish and whisk to combine.
- Add the chicken to the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Spritz the air fryer basket with oil and arrange the chicken in the basket.
- Air fry at 380 degrees for 10 minutes or until chicken reaches 160 degrees.
- Arrange the sliced mozzarella and tomatoes over the chicken breasts and return to the air fryer for 2 minutes to melt the cheese and bring the chicken to 165 degrees.
- Remove from the air fryer and sprinkle with basil and drizzle with balsamic.