This 20 minute AIR FRYER STUFFED CHICKEN is filled with a creamy mixture of spinach, cream cheese, and garlic. This is a restaurant quality recipe that comes together in minutes.
In our house, chicken is definitely the go to protein. Everyone loves it, it’s readily available, and it’s infinitely adaptable.
We absolutely love chicken the air fryer and I just knew that stuffed chicken in the air fryer would be fantastic too!
We stuffed these chicken breasts with a quick mixture consisting of cream cheese, spinach, and a few other goodies. It’s basically spinach dip in a chicken!
The best part is that using the air fryer cooks the chicken evenly while keeping the chicken tender and juicy.
Serve this with our air fryer asparagus and a side salad for a simple, low carb, healthy dinner.
Chicken Breasts – Boneless, skinless breasts are perfect here.
Seasonings – Paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt make the perfect chicken seasoning.
Mayonnaise – You won’t be able to taste the mayo, it just adds to the creamy filling.
Baby Spinach – We prefer fresh spinach here. If using frozen, thaw and drain really well.
Red Pepper Flakes – These are optional, but they help balance out the rich filling.
How to make air fried stuffed chicken:
Prepare the chicken- Use a sharp knife to cut a pocket into the side of each chicken breast. Do this by placing your hand on top of the chicken to hold it in place. Use your other hand to carefully cut into the side of the chicken, almost like you’re butterflying the chicken. Don’t cut all the way through. Watch our recipe video to see just how easy this is!
Season- Drizzle oil over both sides of the chicken. In a small bowl, stir together paprika, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder. Sprinkle this seasoning blend over both sides of the chicken.
Prepare the filling- Get a small bowl and mix together cream cheese, shredded Parmesan, mayo, spinach, garlic, red pepper, and salt. Use a spoon to stuff the mixture into the pockets of the prepared chicken.
Cook it- Brush oil or spritz oil into your air fryer basket. Place the chicken breasts in your air fryer spaced evenly apart. Cook at 375 degrees F for 15-20 minutes.
Always check the center of your chicken to be sure it is at least 1650 degrees in the center before serving. For this recipe, make sure your thermometer is in the meat and not in the filling.
Our air fryer stuffed chicken tastes like it came straight from a nice restaurant. We like to serve it with a side of potatoes and a veggie. Here are a few of our favorites:
More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes:
- Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
- Air Fryer Orange Chicken
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- Hot Cheeto Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, more or less to taste
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board and use a sharp knife to cut a pocket into the side of each chicken breast.
- Drizzle both sides of the chicken with oil.
- Add the paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, and onion powder to a small bowl and stir to combine. Sprinkle evenly over both sides of the chicken.
- Add cream cheese, Parmesan, mayonnaise, spinach, garlic, red pepper and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt to a small mixing bowl and stir well to combine.
- Stuff the mixture into each chicken breast.
- Place the chicken breasts in a greased air fryer basket in a single layer. You may need to work in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer. Keep cooked chicken in a low oven, covered in foil, while the next batch cooks.
- Air fry at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165 degrees in the thickest portion of the chicken.
When measuring the temp of the chicken, be sure to get the thermometer in the meat and not the filling for an accurate reading.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 409Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 139mgSodium: 873mgCarbohydrates: 4gNet Carbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 41g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.