AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI has no breading and cooks in just 5 minutes! This is a go-to low carb snack or appetizer! We marinade ours with some zesty Italian dressing and when they are done, they are perfect!
We love making kebabs on our flat top grill. We marinade all the meats and the veggies, slap it all on the grill, and serve ’em up by the plate full. We like this because it is so easy to feed our large family during gatherings.
Well, the air fryer can take the place of the flat grill when it is cold outside, for a smaller group, or for a single ingredient from those kebobs.
The zucchini is a family favorite when we make kebabs, so we decided to put just those in the air fryer. Oh man…so good and so easy!
Not only is this a healthy, low carb zucchini recipe, it’s also super quick and so easy! You can’t go wrong with just 2 ingredients!
How to make zucchini in the air fryer:
- Slice the zucchini in half lengthwise and then cut those lengths into half inch pieces.
- Put these pieces in a zip top bag with the Italian salad dressing and seal it.
- Shake the bag well to coat all the zucchini.
- Refrigerate this for at least 30 minutes and up to 8 hours before cooking.
- Spray your air fryer basket with olive oil.
- Drain excess liquid from zucchini and add to the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 5 minutes at 400 degrees F and shake halfway through cooking.
Kitchen tools for this recipe:
As an Amazon associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Air fryers have come a long way in the last few years and there are a ton of options out there. It can be a little overwhelming. Since everything we publish is cooked in an air fryer, we get asked often what we recommend. The answer is, we reccomend you buy one that has features you want. They will all cook the food perfectly fine!
For example, we want to use a dishwasher to clean the basket and we want it to be large enough to feed a family of four. We frequently use our 6qt OMORC air fryer for this reason.
Another helpful tip is to not use canned non-stick oil in your air fryer, it will damage your air fryer basket over time. Instead , you can brush the oil on the basket or you can put your oil in a pump spray mister to apply to your basket.
Last, if you are interested in reusable freezer bags for recipes like this, we use these ones! They come in various sizes and I haven’t had one break in over a year of using them.
More recipes you might like:
- 2 medium zucchini
- ¼ cup bottled Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- Slice the zucchini in half lengthwise and then into ½ inch pieces.
- Place in a zip top bag along with the salad dressing and seal. Shake to coat the zucchini in the dressing.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 8 hours before cooking.
- Brush or spray air fryer basket with olive oil. Drain excess liquid from the zucchini and add to the air fryer basket.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, shaking halfway through cooking. Check the zucchini at 5 minutes and reduce cook time based on your desired preference.
We like our zucchini to get golden brown and caramelized. If you'd like your zucchini less browned, cook for less time.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 52Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 678mgCarbohydrates: 5gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.