This recipe for KETO AVOCADO FRIES gives you a crispy fry with a soft, warm center. So much easier than deep frying and you lose none of the crunch!
Too often sides and snacks that are keto don’t turn out like you want them to. The breading falls off of fried foods, the sweetener just doesn’t taste right in the recipe, or the low carb flour is expensive or hard to find.
We do our best to avoid all of these mishaps, and we try to make recipes that are easy for the newbie or novice cook! More importantly, we test ALL of our keto recipes on our non-keto kiddos. They have to be approved by them to be shared with you!
These keto avocado fries passed our taste tests with flying colors. This keto snack is so easy thanks to the air fryer and so crispy on the outside!
How to make avocado fries in the air fryer:
- Start by slicing your avocado into 1/2″ thick wedges. Use a firm avocado to make things easier on yourself.
- Beat together the eggs in a shallow dish.
- In a second shallow dish, add the parmesan, almond flour, and seasonings. Not keto? Use panko instead of almond flour.
- Dip the avocado slices into the egg and then the parmesan mixture. Press the avocado firmly into the parmesan mixture.
- Oil your air fryer basket and evenly space out the fries in the basket.
- Cook for 8 minutes flipping the fries half way through.
- Serve immediately!
Tips for getting the most out of this recipe:
- When choosing your avocado, go for a less ripe, firmer avocado. They’re easier to work with and they’ll soften up as they cook.
- Don’t skip the step of flipping half way through. We want these to be crisp all the way around for optimal crunch!
- There are lots of dipping options for these fries. We recommend using ranch dressing or a sugar free BBQ sauce!
Air Fryer Care
As an Amazon associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
We use a six quart dishwasher safe air fryer that has held up well for a couple of years now. It cooks quickly and evenly and just works.
We recommend the OMORC air fryer.
When you have your air fryer ready for use, do not use the cans of non-stick spray for applying the oil. They can and will discolor your air fryer basket.
Instead, you should use a pump spray bottle to apply the oil of your choice.
More low carb recipes you might like:
- 2 firm-ripe avocados
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Slice avocado into 1/2 inch thick wedges.
- Add the eggs to a shallow dish, and beat with a fork until well combined.
- Add the Parmesan, almond flour, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt to a 2nd shallow dish and mix well.
- Dip the avocado slices into the egg and then the Parmesan mixture, pressing the cheese mixture firmly into the avocado so that it sticks.
- Spray your air fryer basket with avocado oil spray and arrange the breaded avocado in the basket, making sure to leave room between each piece. You may need to work in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Spray the avocado fries with avocado oil spray.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 7-8 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking.
- Serve immediately.
When selecting your avocado grab a firm one. It's easier to work with and will soften as it cooks.
These are great served with a sugar free BBQ sauce or ranch, for dipping.
If you're not concerned about carbs and don't want to purchase almond flour, feel free to use panko in place of the flour.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 363Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 107mgSodium: 647mgCarbohydrates: 13gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 9gSugar: 2gProtein: 16g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.