This CRAB CAKE RECIPE is cooked in under 10 minutes. This can be a quick snack or a delicious dinner! Perfectly seasoned and so easy!
My favorite crab cakes to eat are the ones that taste more like crab and less cakey. We want to taste that delicious crab!
These are so versatile and can make a fun appetizer (just make them a bit smaller), a main dish served with some coleslaw and boiled corn on the cob, or a delicious sandwich on a buttery, toasted bun spread with mayo and topped with lettuce and tomato.
You can even serve crab cakes cold, if you prefer! They’re basically a win no matter what you do with them. 😉
Crab Cake Ingredients:
Crab Meat: We’re using claw meat.
Bread Crumbs: We like to keep it simple with bread crumbs, but crushed Saltines also work well!
Old Bay: This classic seasoning is perfect with all types of seafood. It’s even good on French fries.
You’ll also need mayo, green onions, dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. You’ll want a bit of oil for cooking.
How to make crab cakes:
- Every ingredient in this recipe just gets mixed together into one large mixing bowl.
- Scoop out portions of the mixture into 3 inch patties
- Spray the air fryer basket with oil or brush it with olive oil.
- Arrange the patties in an even layer in the air fryer, leaving room for air movement around each patty.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes.
Chose your crab meat:
We tried a few different types of crab meat for this recipe. The goal was to make it easy, fast, and tasting great!
Canned crab meat can be pretty runny and while it is cooking turns a little brown. Maybe avoid that for this recipe. If you do use it, be sure to drain the meat fully first.
If you use tub crab meat it has a tendency to be saltier. So leave the salt out of the recipe and cut the Old Bay seasoning in half.
We used fresh claw meat for this recipe. It is perfect and needs no modifications to the recipe.
Air Fryer Advice
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I get asked regularly to help people choose an air fryer. I have a few thoughts on this.
First, you need to get one that works for your most frequent sized foods. We usually cook for four people so we use a six quart air fryer. This could probably help you pick a size for your family.
Second, we always use the dishwasher if possible. With this in consideration we most commonly use the OMORC air fryer. There are lots of other air fryers, all are good, and many are also dishwasher safe.
Using non-stick spray in your air fryer can cause damage to your air fryer basket. It is best to apply oil with alternative methods. Option one is to brush the oil on your air fryer basket. Option two is to use regular vegetable oil in a pump spray bottle to apply the oil.
More recipes you will enjoy:
Air Fryer Crab Cakes Recipe
- 8 ounces crab meat see note
- ¼ cup green onions finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and stir well until evenly combined.
- Scoop out portions of the mixture and shape into 3 inch patties.
- Spray the air fryer basket with an oil mister or brush with olive oil.
- Arrange the patties in an even layer in the air fryer basket, making sure to leave room around each patty.
- Air fry at 370 degrees for 6-8 minutes, depending on the thickness of your patties.