Our CREAM CHEESE SAUSAGE BALLS are flavored with a bit of garlic, cream cheese, some cheddar, and cooked in the air fryer to minimize the grease and maximize the simplicity. We whipped up an easy mustard sauce to pair with these sausage balls for a delicious appetizer!
Remember those sausage balls your mom used to make when you were a kid?
Or maybe your grandma? Or the neighbor? Surely someone in your life made sausage balls!
Well, here they are again, but better (hello, cream cheese!) and made in the air fryer!
Ten minutes after starting this recipe I had one to taste and ooh yeah, these are better than I remember! The air fryer gives the sausage balls a crispy outside without a bunch of grease.
Sausage balls are always better with some sort of sauce. We went with a dill mustard sauce this time around and it pairs perfectly with the rich sausage balls. The acidity of the mustard cuts the richness just perectly.
How to make these easy sausage balls:
- In a mixing bowl stir together pork, cream cheese, Bisquick, cheddar, garlic powder, and onion powder to combine.
- Use a small cookie scoop to scoop out even portions of the sausage mixture and form into a ball.
- Place the sausage balls in a single layer in the air fryer basket and cook for 6 minutes.
- You may need to work in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
How to make the mustard sauce:
This dip is super quick to whip up. In a small bowl mix together mayo, sour cream and stone ground mustard until blended.
Stir in a little dill and it is ready to go!
This dip doesn’t need to coat the meatball. Just getting a little bit on it is enough to give your appetizer just a little pop.
You can serve these cream cheese sausage balls hot or cold, it doesn’t matter. Some people serve them at room temp which tastes great, but you need to be careful not to let them sit out too long.
Air Fryer Tips and Products
As an Amazon associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
We use and love the OMORC 6qt air fryer. It’s a nice size for our family of four, it cooks quietly, evenly, and quickly. And it’s dishwasher safe!
More recipes you might like:
- These air fryer meatballs turn out just perfect.
- For an appetizer or meal that is totally different, but still very easy to make these lemon scallops in the air fryer are amazing!
- If you just got an air fryer and are looking for cool new things to try, go for these homemade pop tarts! They are loaded with brown sugar and cinnamon!
For the Sausage Balls
- 1 pound pork sausage (regular variety or hot)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
For the mustard dip
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon dill
- Add the pork, cream cheese, Bisquick, cheddar, garlic powder, and onion powder to a mixing bowl and stir well with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop out even portions of the sausage mixture and roll between your hands to form a ball.
- Place the sausage balls in a single layer in an air fryer basket and cook at 390 degrees for 6 minutes or until sausage is cooked through.
- Repeat with any remaining sausage balls until they’re all cooked.
- To make the dip, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, and dill until smooth and creamy.
- Serve the sausage balls hot or cold along with the dip.
The nutritional info is for if you are serving them as an appetizer, we would expect 3 meatballs per serving. If you are going to serve this as a main dish, we recommend 6 meatballs per serving.
Some people prefer to serve meatballs at room temperature. This is fine if it isn't for very long. Meat should not be kept at room temp for any length of time for the best food safety practices. Our preference is to serve them hot or warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 3
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 340Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 701mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 12g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.