Our cream cheese sausage balls are flavored with a bit of garlic, cream cheese, and some cheddar, and cooked in the air fryer to minimize the grease and maximize the simplicity. We whipped up an easy mustard sauce to pair with these sausage balls for a delicious appetizer!
Remember those sausage balls your mom used to make when you were a kid?
Or maybe your grandma? Or the neighbor? Surely someone in your life made sausage balls!
Well, here they are again, but better (hello, cream cheese!) and made in the air fryer!
Ten minutes after starting this recipe I had one to taste and ooh yeah, these are better than I remember! The air fryer gives the sausage balls a crispy outside without a bunch of grease.
Sausage balls are always better with some sort of sauce. We went with a dill mustard sauce this time around and it pairs perfectly with the rich sausage balls. The acidity of the mustard cuts the richness just perfectly.
Sausage- We use regular pork sausage. You can get hot sausage if you want them a little spicier.
Filler Ingredients- Cream cheese, Bisquick, shredded cheddar, garlic powder, and onion powder add to the texture and flavor of these sausage balls.
Dip Ingredients– Mayo, sour cream, stone-ground mustard, and dill seasoning make this fantastic dip!
How to Make These Easy Sausage Balls:
- In a mixing bowl stir together pork, cream cheese, Bisquick, cheddar, garlic powder, and onion powder to combine.
- Use a small cookie scoop to scoop out even portions of the sausage mixture and form into a ball.
- Place the sausage balls in a single layer in the air fryer basket and cook for 6 minutes.
- You may need to work in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
How to Make Mustard Sauce:
This dip is super quick to whip up. In a small bowl mix together mayo, sour cream and stone-ground mustard until blended.
Stir in a little dill and it is ready to go!
This dip doesn’t need to coat the meatball. Getting a little bit on it is enough to give your appetizer a little pop.
You can serve these cream cheese sausage balls hot or cold, it doesn’t matter. Some people serve them at room temp which tastes great, but you need to be careful not to let them sit out too long.
Shop our Favorite Air Fryers!
We’ve tested loads of air fryers over the years and narrowed it down to the best of the best! Whether you’re looking for a basket-style air fryer that fits nicely on your countertop or you want the toaster oven-style air fryer, we’ve got a recommendation for you!
More recipes you might like:
- These air fryer meatballs turn out just perfect.
- For an appetizer or meal that is totally different, but still very easy to make these lemon scallops in the air fryer are amazing!
- If you just got an air fryer and are looking for cool new things to try, go for these homemade pop tarts! They are loaded with brown sugar and cinnamon!
Cream Cheese Sausage Balls with Mustard Sauce
For the Sausage Balls
- 1 pound pork sausage regular variety or hot
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
For the mustard dip
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon dill
- Add the pork, cream cheese, Bisquick, cheddar, garlic powder, and onion powder to a mixing bowl and stir well with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop out even portions of the sausage mixture and roll between your hands to form a ball.
- Place the sausage balls in a single layer in an air fryer basket and cook at 390 degrees for 6 minutes or until sausage is cooked through.
- Repeat with any remaining sausage balls until they’re all cooked.
- To make the dip, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, and dill until smooth and creamy.
- Serve the sausage balls hot or cold along with the dip.