These AIR FRYER SCALLOPS are quick and delectable. They are coated in a simple lemon butter sauce that really takes the scallops over the top. In just 15 minutes you will be able to enjoy a scallop dinner to rival any restaurant!
In my town, there is only one restaurant that I go to when I’m craving scallops. I have tried them at a few places, but only one local join gets them right.
So excited to have nailed scallops at home…using the air fryer, no less!
This recipe is simple, quick, and fool proof!
And that lemon butter sauce? Heaven!
How to make scallops in the air fryer:
- Rinse your scallops off then dry them thoroughly.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper on each side.
- Spray a little bit of oil in your air fryer basket then place the scallops in the basket spread apart so air can get to all sides of the scallop.
- Cook for 10 minutes total and flip them half way through the cooking. Check after 7 minutes to see if they are done. They will have an internal temp of 145 degrees F when they are fully cooked.
- While the scallops are cooking in the air fryer, you can throw the garlic and butter in a microwave to melt it.
- Then add lemon juice and chives (optional) and stir it all together.
- Drizzle the lemon garlic sauce on the scallops after removing them from the air fryer
Answer a question:
For this recipe you want to choose the dry scallops from your market. They should be firm and smell fresh. You can use frozen also if you thaw them first.
Scallops are a seafood that are a bit of delacacy similar to how crabs or lobster might be. They offer a sweet tender flavor and the scallops are good at taking in whatever you flavor them with as well. So for this recipe you will get a slightly sweet, buttery, garlic flavor with a hint of lemon. Sooooooo good!
Scallops are best within just 1 day of purchase, but you can push it two days if you must. If you are shopping more than two days before cooking, you will need to freeze them. Just thaw them out completely before cooking.
Air Fryer Tips and Products
As an Amazon associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I have a family of four and have found that a six quart air fryer is the best size for us. I also have a lot of dishes to do every day, so I favor things that are dishwasher safe. I choose to use this OMORC air fryer because it fits these two needs.
Also, you should not apply non-stick spray from a can to your air fryer basket. Instead you should use normal cooking oil and apply it with a pump spray bottle. This will lengthen the life of your air fryer and prevent discoloration of your basket.
More recipes you might like:
- These air fryer roasted potatoes are perfect for garlic butter lovers!
- You can also add delicious garlic butter to air fried mushrooms!
- These scotch eggs in the air fryer are another delectable treat you can make in your air fryer!
- 6 fresh scallops
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- Rinse scallops and dry thoroughly.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Prepare the air fryer basket with cooking spray and place the scallops in the basket, evenly apart.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, flipping them over halfway through cooking.
- While the scallops are cooking, add garlic to the butter and melt in the microwave or stove top. Add the lemon juice and chives and stir together.
- When the scallops are done cooking, place them on a plate and drizzle the lemon garlic butter over them. Serve immediately.
Be sure to get dry scallops for this recipe.
This is great served with a white rice and your favorite steamed vegetable. Keep it simple with scallops and let them steal the show!
This recipe makes 6 scallops, but you can double the entire recipe as needed to serve your family.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 199Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 927mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 8g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.