Our Chili Lime Shrimp is bursting with bright flavors thanks to a quick marinade! These low carb shrimp are made with simple ingredients and cook so quickly in the air fryer!
The air fryer is the quintessential tool for making shrimp at home. We have shared many shrimp recipes all over the flavor spectrum. If you haven’t tried air frying shrimp yet, this is where you need to start.
Experience the texture, the convenience, the flavor that is found in our air fryer shrimp recipes. Go for a unique maple bourbon shrimp, the popular coconut shrimp, or my personal favorite bang bang shrimp!
As you can see, we love making shrimp into a quick weeknight dinner. It cooks so quickly in the air fryer and it’s just an all around easy to dish to make.
Our flavorful Chili Lime Shrimp is a new favorite – perfect in tacos, over rice, or with your favorite cauliflower rice for a low carb meal.
Shrimp – We started with precooked shrimp with the tails on. You can make this with the tails off, if you prefer. Raw shrimp is also a great option and we included notes on that in the recipe card.
Seasoning– Lime juice, olive oil, minced garlic, chili powder, onion powder, cumin, and salt are needed for this explosion of flavor!
How to Make Chili Lime Shrimp in an Air Fryer:
Marinade the shrimp– Add the shrimp to a large bowl. Next start adding the lime juice, olive oil, garlic, chili powder, onion powder, cumin, and salt. Toss or stir this to fully coat the shrimp. Cover the bowl and let sit in your fridge for an hour.
Air fry the shrimp – Place the shrimp in a single layer in your air fryer basket, cook in batches if needed. Air fry for 7 minutes at 400 degrees F.
Serve with a sprinkle of cilantro and a side of lime wedges. Serve over white rice or in a tortilla, or serve with cauliflower rice or salad for a low carb meal.
Use your air fryer and cook for 3 minutes at 350 degrees F until warm.
More Air Fryer Seafood Recipes:
Let us know your opinion!
We’d love to hear what you think of this recipe! Leave a comment and star rating down below! And don’t forget to pin and share!
Chili Lime Shrimp
- 1 pound medium cooked shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges for serving
- Add the shrimp to a large bowl along with the lime juice, olive oil, garlic, chili powder, onion powder, cumin, and salt, and stir well to coat the shrimp.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove the shrimp from the refrigerator and arrange shrimp in a single layer in the basket of an air fryer. You may need to work in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Air fry at 400 degrees for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove shrimp to a serving plate and sprinkle with cilantro.