We stuffed ham and cheese inside biscuit dough, brushed it all with garlic butter, and air fried it to make the ultimate snack! These Air Fryer Ham and Cheese Bites are loaded with melty cheese and savory ham, all stuffed inside a tender biscuit!
The air fryer is so versatile I am constantly amazed. One of the things I have begun making over the last couple of years is “bombs.” I never made them before I got my air fryer.
A bomb is basically a bite-sized snack that usually has a biscuit shell and a flavorful filling on the inside.
We recently had some leftover deli ham and a can of biscuit dough, so we turned the classic ham and cheese sandwich into ham and cheese bombs (or ham and cheese bites, depending on what you like to call them)!
If you love a good hot and ham cheese sandwich, loaded with melty cheese, I just know you’re going to love these cheesy bites of goodness! The perfect snack, appetizer, or even lunch!
Biscuits – For this recipe and most bomb recipes it is best to use flaky layered biscuits. We favor the Grand’s flaky layers, but you can use any canned biscuits.
Ham- We’re using deli sliced ham for this recipe. You can use any variety you like.
Cheese– We went the classic route with swiss cheese, but use any block of cheese you prefer.
Mustard- A little bit of dijon adds loads of flavor to these ham and cheese bites.
Seasonings- The rest of your ingredients will be butter, garlic powder, dried parsley, and salt. This will be brushed on the biscuit to add some flavor.
How to Make Air Fryer Ham and Cheese Bites:
Prep– Start by opening the biscuits and separating them. Next peel them each in half to form a total of 16 thinner biscuits. Cut your ham into small pieces and cut your cheese into a total of 16 cubes.
Fill -Lightly spread mustard on one side of your biscuits then top with pieces of ham and a cube of cheese. Fold up the edges of the biscuit to cover the ham and cheese and then roll into a bowl. Be sure the edges are sealed to avoid cheese leaking out.
Butter – Add melted butter, garlic powder, parsley, and salt to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Brush this mixture over the dough balls.
Air fry – Air fry at 350 degrees for 5-6 minutes. The dough should be golden brown and cooked all the way through when done.
Use your air fryer and reheat at 325 degrees F until warm. This should take about 4 minutes.
Be sure to use room temperature cheese or it may not fully melt.
Feel free to swap the deli ham for any type of deli meat you have on hand. The cheese can also be swapped to another variety, if you prefer.
More Air Fried Appetizers:
- Air Fryer Greek Fries
- Cajun Fried Corn
- Taco Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Fried Green Tomatoes
- Cheesy Garlic Crescent Rolls
Let us know your opinion!
We’d love to hear what you think of this recipe! Leave a comment and star rating down below! And don’t forget to pin and share!
Air Fryer Ham and Cheese Bites
- 1 can 8 count flaky layers refrigerated biscuits
- 4 slices deli ham
- 8 ounces swiss cheese room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Open the can of biscuits and separate each biscuit in half to form 16 thin biscuit pieces.
- Cut the ham into small pieces. Cut the swiss cheese into 16 cubes.
- Lightly spread the biscuits with mustard. Top with bits of ham and a cube of cheese.
- Fold up the edges of the biscuit to fold the ham and cheese into the center. Roll into a ball, sealing the edges so the cheese does not leak out.
- Place the biscuits in an air fryer basket in an even layer, leaving space between each for air to flow.
- Add the butter, garlic powder, parsley, and salt to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Brush the butter mixture over the dough.
- Air fry at 350 degrees for 5-6 minutes, or until dough is golden brown and cooked through.