These cinnamon sugar donuts are filled with pumpkin pie and then cooked in the air fryer until they’re golden brown! You won’t believe how easy these fall treats are!
If I could make a perfect fall dessert it would probably be these pumpkin bombs.
The cinnamon sugar coating which adds the perfect crisp just-fried texture, the gooey pumpkin pie middle, and all of the warm and cozy fall vibes…I mean these are perfect!
While a recipe obviously has to turn out delicious every time, we also like them nice and easy! Enter the air fryer!
No need to deep fry these babies! They cook super quick in the air fryer and our little trick of dunking them in melted butter and cinnamon sugar makes them taste like they were freshly fried.
Air Fryer Pumpkin Bomb Recipe:
This post contains affiliate links. As a member of Amazon and other affiliate programs I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Beat together the pumpkin, cream cheese, egg, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and salt to a mixing bowl.
- Unroll and flatten your crescent dough and cut into 8 squares.
- Drop a tablespoon of pumpkin filling into each of the squares.
- Fold the corners of the squares into each other over the scoop of pumpkin filling and seal to hold in the pumpkin filling.
- Spray them with oil spray.
- Line the bottom of your air fryer basket with parchment paper and place the dough balls on the parchment paper.
- Air fry for 4-5 minutes or until they’re lightly golden.
How to make the topping:
- Whisk together sugar and pumpkin spice in a shallow bowl.
- After you cook the pumpkin pie bombs, you will dunk them in melted butter.
- Then dip them into the pumpkin spice and sugar mixture.
I get asked frequently which air fryer we use and I am happy to share that it is the OMORC 6 quart air fryer. We’ve tested 4 air fryers thus far, and currently, this one is my go to air fryer. We like the larger size and that it can be washed in the dishwasher.
Also, you shouldn’t spray non-stick aerosol spray into your air fryer basket. This can damage your air fryer basket. Instead you should put your favorite oil in a mister for applying your non-stick spray. We use avocado oil, more often than not.
More recipes you might like:
- With a similar process to the pumpkin bombs you can make air fried oreos.
- I think air fried brats make a perfect, cheesy lunch!
- These air fried chicken tenders are a kid favorite!
Air Fryer Pumpkin Pie Bombs
For the bombs
For the filling
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat the air fryer to 350.
- Add pumpkin, cream cheese, egg, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and salt to a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Unroll each tube of crescent dough and cut each into 8 squares.
- Drop a tablespoon of the pumpkin filling into the center of each square and bring all corners up to form a ball, being careful to pinch the seams closed.
- Spray lightly with nonstick spray and place in a parchment lined air fryer basket. You will need to work in batches so as not to overcrowd the basket.
- Air fry for 4-5 minutes or until the dough is golden brown.
- While the pumpkin pie bombs are cooking, make the topping. Whisk together the sugar and pumpkin pie spice in a shallow bowl.
- Remove the pumpkin pie bombs from the air fryer and dunk each one first in the melted butter and then into the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Serve immediately.