Air fryer tater tots are super easy to make from a store-bought frozen bag and they turn out perfectly crispy in the air fryer! No soggy tater tots here! Plus, get the recipe for our secret tater tot dip!
Tater tots are one of my favs. They never tasted quite right when I would bake them (no one wants a soggy tot!), so I was resigned to eating them few and far between and usually at a restaurant.
Now that I have an air fryer there is no stopping me from eating all yummy tater tots I want! (Is this good or bad? I’ve yet to decide, haha!)
Tater tots are honestly perfect on their own, but they’re also fun to dress up!
Loaded tater tots, tater tot nachos, or my secret tater tot dip – all are good options! Today I’ll share my dip recipe with you. Move over, ketchup!
The tots are simple, just grab a bag of frozen tater tots.
For the tater tot dip– You will need BBQ sauce, hot sauce, and honey mustard.
How to make frozen tater tots in an air fryer:
This post contains affiliate links. As a member of Amazon and other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Pile your tater tots in the basket. For the best, crispiest tots, arrange them in a single layer. If you’re in a hurry and want to feed a crowd, it’s okay to pile them in but they won’t be quite as crispy.
- Spray the tots liberally with cooking oil.
- Cook for eight minutes, then shake the basket gently and cook for eight more minutes.
- Serve hot with our tater tot dip.
Making tater tot dip:
This dip is loved by just about everyone I have given it to. The best part: It’s beyond simple and you probably have the ingredients in your fridge right now!
Add honey mustard, BBQ sauce, and a dash of hot sauce to a small bowl, and then whisk it all up.
Voila! Tater Tot Dip!
This dip is super similar to Chick-fil-A sauce, sooooo…you know it’s good. 😉
- A tater tot is a grated potato, like a bite-sized hashbrown.
- Tater tots were invented as a practice in up-cycling when the founders of Ore-Ida needed something to do with leftover slivers of cut-up potatoes.
- Tater tots are sold in many places around the world, but mostly in America where 70 million pounds are consumed per year. (Half by me, probably.)
Shop our Favorite Air Fryers!
We’ve tested loads of air fryers over the years and narrowed it down to the best of the best! Whether you’re looking for a basket-style air fryer that fits nicely on your countertop or you want the toaster oven-style air fryer, we’ve got a recommendation for you!
More recipes you might like:
- An alternative amazing potato recipe is to go with a baked potato in the air fryer!
- These air fryer chicken drumsticks would go great with tots!
- And you can finish off your fabulous meal with some air-fried Oreo cookies!
- Need to feed someone with something low carb as an alternative to these tots? Give them some air fryer vegetables!
Air Fryer Tater Tots
For the Tater Tots
- 16 ounces frozen tater tots
- Non-stick spray
Tater Tot Dip
- ¼ cup honey mustard
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Add the tater tots to the air fryer basket and spray liberally with non stick spray. For crispier tater tots, arrange tots in a single layer and work in batches. You may pile them in, but they won't come out as crispy.
- Cook tater tots for 16 minutes, shaking gently every 5 minutes.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the dip and serve with the hot tater tots.