AIR FRYER TATER TOTS are super easy to make from a store bought frozen bag and they turn out perfectly crispy in the air fryer! No soggy tater tots here! Plus, get the recipe for our secret tater tot dip!
Tater tots are one of my favs. They never tasted quite right when I would bake them (no one wants a soggy tot!), so I was resigned to eating them few and far between and usually at a restaurant.
Now that I have an air fryer there is no stopping me from eating all yummy tater tots I want! (Is this good or bad? I’ve yet to decide, haha!)
Tater tots are honestly perfect on their own, but they’re also fun to dress up!
Loaded tater tots, tater tot nachos, or my secret tater tot dip – all are good options! Today I’ll share my dip recipe with you. Move over, ketchup!
How to make frozen tater tots in an air fryer:
This post contains affiliate links. As a member of Amazon and other affiliate programs I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Farenheit
- Pile your tater tots in the basket. For the best, crispiest tots, arrange them in a single layer. If you’re in a hurry and want to feed a crowd, it’s okay to pile them in but they won’t be quite as crispy.
- Spray the tots liberally with cooking oil.
- Cook for eight minutes, then shake the basket gently and cook for eight more minutes.
- Serve hot with our tater tot dip.
Making tater tot dip:
This dip is loved by just about everyone I have given it to. Best part: It’s beyond simple and you probably have the ingredients in your fridge right now!
Add honey mustard, BBQ sauce, and a dash of hot sauce to a small bowl and then whisk it all up.
Voila! Tater Tot Dip!
This dip is super similar to Chick Fil A sauce, sooooo…you know it’s good. 😉
- A tater tot is a grated potato, like a bite-sized hashbrown.
- Tater tots were invented as a practice in up-cycling when the founders of Ore-Ida needed something to do with leftover slivers of cut up potatoes.
- Tater tots are sold in many places around the world, but mostly in America where 70 million pounds are consumed per year. (Half by me, probably.)
Air Fryer Recommendations:
We’ve tested a few air fryers and our favorite is consistently the OMORC Habor air fryer! It is a 6 quart pot which is a good size to feed my family of four. It is also suitable for a dishwasher cleaning as well, which I appreciate.
Using non-stick spray in aerosol cans can damage your air fryer basket. Instead it is generally recommended by air fryer manufacturers to use a mister with your choice of vegetable oil in it. The one linked works great and sprays consistently.
More recipes you might like:
- An alternative amazing potato recipe is to go with a baked potato in the air fryer!
- These air fryer chicken drumsticks would go great with tots!
- And you can finish off your fabulous meal with some air-fried Oreo cookies!
Air Fryer Tater Tots
For the Tater Tots
- 16 ounces frozen tater tots
- Non-stick spray
Tater Tot Dip
- ¼ cup honey mustard
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Add the tater tots to the air fryer basket and spray liberally with non stick spray. For crispier tater tots, arrange tots in a single layer and work in batches. You may pile them in, but they won't come out as crispy.
- Cook tater tots for 16 minutes, shaking gently every 5 minutes.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the dip and serve with the hot tater tots.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with us on Instagram @air.fried and tag us #air.fried
Comments & Reviews
Donna Krontz says
I made egg rolls for Christmas Eve and was really disappointed. They did not crisp up at all. They were very soggy.
I’ve found that the newer vegan egg roll wrappers stay soggy for me, but the traditional ones work great. You might try a different wrapper in case that was the issue.
Hi, what kind of hot sauce do you use?
Hi Luke! We use Frank’s. 🙂
Thank you for such great recipes!
So glad you’re enjoying them! Thank you! 🙂
I’m waiting on my air fryer and I absolutely love tater tots so I can’t wait to give these a try. Truthfully, one of my favorite ways to eat them ever was bacon-wrapped and deep fried.
Okay, that sounds AMAZING! 🙂
Cheri Countryman says
I would like to subscribe to your emails.
Hi Cheri! You can sign up here: https://airfried.com/free-ebook-recipes/ Thank you!