AIR FRYER TATER TOTS are super easy to make from a store bought frozen bag and they turn out perfectly crispy in the air fryer! No soggy tater tots here! Plus, get the recipe for our secret tater tot dip!
Tater tots are one of my favs. They never tasted quite right when I would bake them (no one wants a soggy tot!), so I was resigned to eating them few and far between and usually at a restaurant.
Now that I have an air fryer there is no stopping me from eating all yummy tater tots I want! (Is this good or bad? I’ve yet to decide, haha!)
Tater tots are honestly perfect on their own, but they’re also fun to dress up!
Loaded tater tots, tater tot nachos, or my secret tater tot dip – all are good options! Today I’ll share my dip recipe with you. Move over, ketchup!
How to make frozen tater tots in an air fryer:
This post contains affiliate links. As a member of Amazon and other affiliate programs I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Farenheit
- Pile your tater tots in the basket. As long as you shake throughout cooking, you don’t need to space these out.
- Spray the tots liberally with cooking oil.
- Cook for eight minutes, then shake the basket a bit and cook for eight more minutes. The more often you, the less likely you are to get soggy tots, so feel free to shake more often!
- Serve hot with our tater tot dip.
Making tater tot dip:
This dip is loved by just about everyone I have given it to. Best part: It’s beyond simple and you probably have the ingredients in your fridge right now!
Add honey mustard, BBQ sauce, and a dash of hot sauce to a small bowl and then whisk it all up.
Voila! Tater Tot Dip!
This dip is super similar to Chick Fil A sauce, sooooo…you know it’s good. 😉
- A tater tot is a grated potato, like a bite-sized hashbrown.
- Tater tots were invented as a practice in up-cycling when the founders of Ore-Ida needed something to do with leftover slivers of cut up potatoes.
- Tater tots are sold in many places around the world, but mostly in America where 70 million pounds are consumed per year. (Half by me, probably.)
Air Fryer Recommendations:
We’ve tested a few air fryers and our favorite is consistently the OMORC Habor air fryer! It is a 6 quart pot which is a good size to feed my family of four. It is also suitable for a dishwasher cleaning as well, which I appreciate.
Using non-stick spray in aerosol cans can damage your air fryer basket. Instead it is generally recommended by air fryer manufacturers to use a mister with your choice of vegetable oil in it. The one linked works great and sprays consistently.
More recipes you might like:
- An alternative amazing potato recipe is to go with a baked potato in the air fryer!
- These air fryer chicken drumsticks would go great with tots!
- And you can finish off your fabulous meal with some air-fried Oreo cookies!
For the Tater Tots
- 16 ounces frozen tater tots
- Non-stick spray
Tater Tot Dip
- ¼ cup honey mustard
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Add the tater tots to the air fryer basket and spray liberally with non stick spray.
- Cook tater tots for 16 minutes, shaking every 3-5 minutes.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the dip and serve with the hot tater tots.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 302Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 722mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 3g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.