These AIR FRYER TAQUITOS are loaded with beef and cheese, crispy on the outside, and beyond simple to make in your air fryer! Dip these in salsa or queso for a fun snack or quick dinner.
If I had to choose a favorite food, it’d be tough. But if I had to choose a favorite type of food? It’d be Mexican, hands down.
I could honestly eat some form of taco or burrito every day of my life.
Growing up I would sometimes eat those frozen taquitos that you warm up in the microwave. I may have eaten the taquitos on the hot dog warmer at a gas station a time or two. And my daughter? She still loves the frozen version and asks me to buy a box every now and then!
As much as I loved even those taquitos, I had to give a try at making my own homemade beef taquitos.
How to make taquitos in an air fryer:
This post contains affiliate links. As a member of Amazon and other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Cook your ground beef and drain the fat.
- Add your seasoning, chilis, and water to the beef and cook for 5 additional minutes.
- Heat up tortillas in the microwave with a wet paper towel on top to steam them up a little.
- Fill each tortilla with a couple of tablespoons of beef and roll tightly.
- Place the taquitos seam side down in an air fryer basket and spray with nonstick spray.
- Cook them for 6-7 minutes
- Serve warm with your choice of dipping sauces!
Options for dipping sauces:
- Nacho cheese dip
- Sour cream
- Queso dip
- Baja Sauce
- Southwest Ranch Dressing
Air Fryer Recommendations:
I recommend the ORMORC 6 qt Air Fryer because it is the one I use. I haven’t tried all of them out there, but we’ve tested a few and this is our favorite – it has a large basket, is easy to clean, and cooks perfectly.
Also, air fryer manufacturers recommend against using the non-stick spray in an aerosol can. Instead, you should put vegetable oil in a pump spray bottle mister. This will lengthen the life of your air fryer basket.
More air fryer recipes you might like:
If you love taquitos like I do, then you will also love these buffalo chicken flautas.
I got started using my air fryer with this simple baked potato recipe.
A more diet friendly option is this air fryer pork chops and broccoli recipe. It is convenient and low carb!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 4 ounces chopped green chiles
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 15 corn tortillas
- Brown the beef in a large skillet over medium heat. Drain fat.
- Add the taco seasoning, green chiles, and ¼ cup of water to the beef and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the tortillas to a microwave safe plate and cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave for 30 seconds.
- Fill each tortilla with about 2 tablespoons of the beef mixture, top with cheese, and roll tightly.
- Place the taquitos seam side down in an air fryer basket, being sure not to overcrowd the basket.
- Spray with nonstick spray.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 6-7 minutes or until taquitos are as crispy as you’d like.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream, and queso for dipping.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 3 taquitos
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 522Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 667mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 6gSugar: 3gProtein: 35g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.