We came up with our own HOMEMADE CRUNCHWRAP SUPREME RECIPE that cooks in the air fryer! Better than Taco Bell and ready in just 20 minutes!
If you are looking at this recipe you probably love Taco Bell. They do have some pretty good stuff there, not gonna lie.
However, I am sure you will agree with me when I say that everything they make, we can make better at home. Right?
We can use the exact amount of beef we like, the exact amount of taco seasoning, lettuce, sour cream, tomatoes, cheese, everything! We get to make it exactly like we want it and there’s no chance of getting the wrong order. 😉
We took the classic Crunchwrap Supreme recipe and layered it all together and then cooked it in the air fryer until it was absolutely perfect.
Fast food at home…so delicious!
Cook the beef -Cook your ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat. Crumble the beef into small pieces as you cook it and drain all the fat once the beef is done. Add some taco seasoning to the beef with some water and stir to coat the beef. Cook for 5-10 minutes until the liquid has mostly evaporated. Use the Taco Bell brand taco seasoning for the most authentic flavor.
Prepare the wrap – Microwave the large flour tortillas for 15 seconds when the beef is near finished. Lay one tortilla on your work surface and spread out nacho cheese in the center. Top with a tostada shell. Spread some sour cream on the tostada and then top with the beef, shredded cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes. Fold the edges of the tortilla over the center working your way around the tortilla until it is fully enclosed.
PRO TIP: Don’t overfill your tortilla or you won’t be able to fully close it. Less is more when it comes to a crunchwrap supreme!
Air Fry – Spritz oil on your crunchwrap supreme and place it seam side down in the air fryer. Cook for 4 minutes at 380 degrees F. You will likely need to cook in batches as you go, as you don’t want them stacked or touching each other while they cook.
You can keep the finished crunchwrap supremes in a warm oven until you’re ready to serve, if preferred.
Of course! Season ground or shredded chicken with taco seasoning and proceed with the recipe. Skip the meat altogether and just use refried beans for a vegetarian version.
We always serve our Mexican inspired meals with chips and salsa. Make your own air fryer tortilla chips!
The classic crunchwrap supreme contains seasoned beef, nacho cheese, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, and a crispy tostada shell all wrapped up in a soft flour tortilla.
Don’t overstuff your tortillas or you’ll have a hard time sealing them.
If you have a little taco meat leftover, don’t worry! You don’t need to let it go to waste. You can keep it for leftover tacos tomorrow, or you can serve it alongside your homemade crunchwrap supreme with some chips for an appetizer of nachos!
More recipes you might like:
Let us know your opinion!
Your opinions and ideas are important to us! Please let us know what you think of the recipe in just two seconds by leaving a comment or star rating!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 4 large (12 inch) flour tortillas
- ½ cup nacho cheese
- 4 tostada shells
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Add the ground beef to a large skillet over medium heat and crumble the beef as it cooks. Drain fat from beef once cooked through.
- Add the taco seasoning to the beef along with ¼ cup of water and stir well to combine. Cook over low heat for 5-10 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Microwave the tortillas for 15-20 seconds to make them pliable and easy to work with.
- Lay one tortilla out on a baking sheet and spread 2 tablespoons of warm nacho cheese in the center. Top with a tostada shell. Spread the tostada with 2 tablespoons of sour cream and then top with a spoonful of beef, lettuce, tomatoes, and ¼ cup of shredded cheese.
- Repeat with the remaining tostadas.
- Fold the edges of the tortilla up and over the center, working your way all the way around the tortilla until it is fully enclosed. Spritz with oil spray.
- Place seam side down in your air fryer basket and spritz the top with oil spray.
- Cook at 380 degrees for 3-4 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Place in a 250 degree oven on a baking sheet to keep warm while making the rest of the crunchwrap supremes.
- Serve hot.
Don't overstuff the shells or you won't be able to close the tortilla.
You'll likely have leftover taco meat. It'll keep in the fridge, tightly covered, for 4-5 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 769Total Fat: 44gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 158mgSodium: 1264mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 46g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.