These AIR FRYER TORTILLA CHIPS are crispy and amazing when served warm! Start with a corn tortilla and turn into a crispy chip in under 10 minutes!
I am a taco lover through and through. I can and sometimes do eat tacos for two to three meals per day. I just can’t get enough.
As a result, I am a frequent visitor to all of our local Mexican restaurants. I even get it delivered to our house on the regular.
The best apart about those restaurant’s isn’t the tacos. It is their homemade tortilla chips. I eat them…and eat them…and eat them. Sometimes I secretly hope they will be slow with my order, so I can eat more chips, but they never are. 😉
Anyway, that love for those warm fresh tortilla chips is the inspiration behind this air fryer recipe. I love it, and I am sure all my tortilla chip loving friends will love this recipe too!
How to make tortilla chips in an air fryer:
This post contains affiliate links. As a member of Amazon and other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- CUTTING – Place a stack of tortillas on a cutting board and use a sharp knife to cut them into triangles, much like you’d cut a pizza. You can even use a pizza cutter, if you like.
- SEASONING – Place your chips into a zip top bag, drizzle in some oil, and sprinkle in your preferred seasoning. Salt, of course, is perfect for a classic chip. Cool Ranch Doritos are a favorite here, though, so we’ve included an option for that down below!
- COOKING – The chips need to be spread out into an even layer in your air fryer basket. This makes cooking large batches go fairly slow. If you have an air fryer rack you can do this much faster as you can cook twice as much per batch. After spreading them out in your air fryer basket, cook for 6-7 minutes at 350 degrees F. Check for crispness and cook longer if necessary. The chips will get crisper as they cool, so they don’t need to be completely crisp, just close.
Air Fryer Cool Ranch Doritos:
Love salty tortilla chips but want a bit more flavor?
We cracked the code when it comes to that cool ranch flavor we all love in Doritos and now you can make them at home!
Follow all of the above steps for air fryer tortilla chips, but swap out the salt for a mix of ranch seasoning and tomato bouillon.
What is tomato bouillon? This is just a mix of dehyrdrated, granulated tomatoes with other spices and seasonings. It packs a HUGE flavor and I find myself adding it to all kinds of things from soups to rice to pasta sauce. It’s definitely a secret weapon in my kitchen. Buy it on Amazon.
It definitely contributes to the big pop of flavor in these Cool Ranch Doritos, but if you don’t want to buy it or can’t find it, you can sub in paprika. It won’t have quite the same kick, though.
Frequently Asked Questions:
If you keep them at room temp in an air tight container they will be good for 2-3 days. You can easily rewarm them in the air fryer for a minute at 350 and they’ll taste fresh and toasty.
I turn my oven on low and dump each batch on a cookie sheet and leave in the oven while making the rest. This works really well. Alternately, just let them all set on the counter and then dump the whole batch back in the air fryer at once for 1 minute before serving.
If you ask me, guacamole. If you ask my husband queso dip. We almost always have both!
More air fryer snack recipes:
- Frozen pizza rolls in the air fryer
- Air fried pickles
- Air fried blooming onion
- Healthy chili lime chickpeas
- 8 Corn Tortillas
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees for 3 minutes.
- stack the corn tortillas on a cutting board and use a knife or pizza cutter to cut into triangles.
- Place the chips in a zip top bag and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with salt or Cool Ranch seasoning (see note below).
- Seal the bag and smush it around to season the chips fully
- Arrange chips in an even layer in your air fryer basket. Use an air fryer rack to make a double layer, if possible. You will likely need to work in batches.
- Cook for 6-7 minutes, flipping the tortilla chips halfway through cooking.
- Remove to a rack to cool. Chips will get crunchier as they cool.
- Store in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
For Doritos Cool Ranch seasoning, combine 2 tablespoons of ranch dip with 1 teaspoon of paprika. Sprinkle over the oiled chips.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 135Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 167mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 3gSugar: 0gProtein: 3g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.