These AIR FRYER PIZZA ROLLS have a perfectly crispy shell, are evenly cooked, and oh so much better than microwaved pizza rolls!
Pizza rolls are a classic “I don’t know what to cook” dinner in my house.
They are easy, have several flavors (I mean have you ever tried the taco ones?!), and can be cooked a few or a bunch at a time.
And, obviously, the kids LOVE pizza rolls!
Plus, these air fryer pizza rolls are easy enough that the kids can do the cooking. What’s better than that?!
Why are pizza rolls in the air fryer better?
We used to either microwave pizza rolls (they’d be somewhat soggy and limp) or we’d bake them in the oven (it’d take forever and I hated heating up the whole kitchen for a pan of pizza rolls).
Then we tossed them in the air fryer and I don’t think we’ve cooked them any other way since!
While the air fryer does take a little longer than the microwave, it’s quicker than the oven and the results are absolutely delicious. Crispy outside, hot and cheesy inside!
Plus, it’s easy to make loads of pizza rolls all at once in the air fryer!
How to make pizza rolls in an air fryer:
- You can add the volume of pizza rolls appropriate for the group you are serving to your air fryer basket. However, be careful not to fill your basket more than halfway to the top to allow for full air flow.
- Cook for 8 minutes at 400 degrees F. Remove the basket and gently shake it a bit halfway through cooking.
- If you want crispier pizza rolls, continue cooking in one minute intervals until your desired crispness.
- Watch for the seams to just start to pop – that’s when we know not to cook them any longer.
Pizza roll FAQ:
Once the seams start popping, they’re done! If you continue cooking them, the filling will begin to ooze out. We wait for a couple of seams to pop and then we pull them out.
We’re a big fan of Totino’s Pizza Rolls. They’re consistently delicious, have lots of flavors, and can be found in just about every grocery store.
What to serve with your pizza rolls:
Start with a dip. Which dip you use will depend on the flavor of pizza roll you select. But here is a list of some of our favorites for you to pair as you wish.
- Ranch dressing – Add a few drops of Frank’s hot sauce to give it a kick!
- Cheese Dip – White American and nacho cheese are great. Cheddar is also tasty.
- Ketchup – not my favorite, but that’s how my mom has always ate pizza rolls.
- Marinara sauce
- Barbecue Sauce – Not my personal go to option, but the kids love it!
If you are trying to turn this into more of a full meal you have lots of options also.
- Make pizza nachos – drizzle on some warm marinara, sprinkle on cheese, and top with black olives or chopped pepperoni.
- Have a ‘freezer dinner’ as we call it in my house. Chicken nuggets, french fries, pizza rolls, and other convenice foods all together. It’s a great way to clean out your freezer every now and then, if not the healthiest dinner. 😉
- If you want it to be a little healthier, try buffalo cauliflower bites as a side!
- You could also serve them with more pizza rolls, haha. Like you know, different flavors and stuff. A whole pizza roll party!
More easy air fryer recipes you might like:
Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- 16 ounces frozen pizza rolls
- Add the pizza rolls to an air fryer basket. They do not need to be in a single layer, but do not fill the basket more than half full.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 8 minutes, gently shaking the basket at 5 minutes.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with us on Instagram @air.fried and tag us #air.fried
Leave A Reply!