This recipe for MAPLE BOURBON GLAZED SHRIMP starts with a simple marinade of maple syrup, soy sauce, and bourbon. The shrimp soak up that delicious flavor before being air fried for a few minutes. Perfectly cooked and loads of flavor. This is the perfect way to use up that frozen shrimp in your freezer.
Everyone needs a little spice in their life! Adding some spice to shrimp is a fantastic way to enjoy this very popular seafood. I need a shrimp recipe that stood out a little from the rest as I was serving this to a person who was eating shrimp for the very first time.
Another reason I enjoy this recipe is you can give it a little extra “pop” with a splash of Kentucky Bourbon as it will leave an almost smoky, caramel flavor to blend with your chili powder and maple flavors coating your shrimp.
Cooking with bourbon can also change the texture of your meat for the better, which is beneficial for shrimp. This glazed shrimp is just bursting with all that sweet, savory flavor.
How to make bourbon shrimp:
- In a medium bowl whisk together the brown sugar, maple syrup, soy sauce, chili powder, salt, and pepper until the brown sugar fully dissolves.
- Remove three tablespoons of this sauce to a small bowl and set aside. We’ll use the bit of sauce to brush over the cooked shrimp.
- Add the bourbon to the marinade and give it a stir.
- Add the shrimp to the marinade and stir to coat the shrimp.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Brush the basket of your air fryer with olive oil or use an oil mister to spray the basket.
- Remove shrimp from the marinade and arrange in a single layer in your air fryer basket. You might need to work in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes or until the shrimp are opaque and cooked through.
- Brush the shrimp with the sauce you set aside earlier and serve!
Air Fryer Tips and Products
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Most of the time I am cooking for only four people. I have found that a 6qt air fryer is a great size for feeding four people.
You will note this recipe says to brush on oil. Alternatively, you can spray oil out of a pump spray bottle. You should not use the canned non-stick spray in an air fryer as it can damage your air fryer basket.
Substitutions for this recipe:
- Brandy and rum would also work well, in place of bourbon.
- Use real maple syrup in this recipe. Pancake syrup is NOT the same! If you don’t have maple syrup, use honey instead.
- You can use this same glaze with chicken instead of shrimp if you like. If you use a boneless chicken breast it will take 10-12 minutes to cook. You can chop it up for faster cook times.
More tasty recipes:
Air Fryer Shrimp with Maple Glaze
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 pound medium raw shrimp deveined and peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Add the maple syrup, brown sugar, soy sauce, chili powder, salt, and pepper to a medium bowl and whisk until the brown sugar has dissolved.
- Remove 3 tablespoons of the sauce to a small bowl and set aside for brushing over the shrimp after it has cooked.
- Add the bourbon to the marinade and stir.
- Add the shrimp to the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Brush the basket of the air fryer with the olive oil. Arrange the shrimp in a single layer in the air fryer basket. You may have to work in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Air fryer at 370 degrees for 6-8 minutes, or until shrimp are opaque and cooked through.
- Brush shrimp with reserved sauce before serving.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with us on Instagram @air.fried and tag us #air.fried
Comments & Reviews
This recipe was amazingly easy and delicious! Way more impressive than the amount of effort. I will definitely make it again!
Love to hear that, Cheryl! Thanks for the review!