Cooking FROZEN CHICKEN NUGGETS IN AN AIR FRYER is the best wat to make them hands down. The nuggets are as crispy as a fresh deep fried nugget and the kids go nuts for them!
Frozen nuggets are my go to lunch for when I’m busy and I need the kids to make their own lunch. I used to just tell them to microwave their nuggets, but then we got an air fryer and it’s changed our lunch game.
The air fryer works the same way in that you push a few buttons and boom, you are cooking your frozen goodies like a pro. But the outcome is so much better that I found we are eating these more and more often!
How to make frozen chicken nuggets in an air fryer:
- Place your nuggets in the air fryer in a single layer. This will get you the best results. If you are in a hurry or care a little less about the crispiness, you can stack the nuggets.
- Spritz the nuggets lightly with a vegetable oil in a pump spray bottle. It is not recommended to use non-stick spray in a can as it can damage the liner of your air fryer.
- Cook at 380 degrees F for 10 minutes. You should shake the basket after five minutes to ensure they are evenly cooked.
Favorite Chicken Nugget Dips:
- Honey-don’t hate on it, just try it.
- Barbecue sauce is a classic, but for some extra goodness mix barbecue sauce and mayo together.
- Ranch dressing with a little bit of hot sauce on it. Just enough to give it a little kick.
- Honey mustard
- Szechuan sauce-if you know, you know.
- Sweet and sour sauce
- Peanut dipping sauce
- Honey Mustard + BBQ sauce – this makes a Chick Fil A type sauce in seconds.
More air fryer chicken recipes for you to try:
- 20 Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- Arrange about chicken nuggets in air fryer basket. For the crispiest nuggets, arrange them in a single layer. For less crispy, but still delicious nuggets, you can stack them. Do not fill the basket more than half full.
- Spritz the nuggets lightly with oil spray.
- Air fry at 380 degrees for 10 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through cooking.
This method works with any frozen chicken nugget, but cook time may vary depending on size and model of air fryer. Adjust in 1 minute increments to reach your perfect level of crispy chicken nugget.
My kids prefer Tyson brand nuggets. The Just Bare Chicken Chunks are my personal favorite and taste similar to Chick-Fil-A nuggets.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 491Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 88mgSodium: 950mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 25g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.