You have to try cooking your frozen burrito in an air fryer instead of the microwave. It comes out so much tastier, is just as easy, and only takes a bit longer.
People either love frozen burritos or they hate them.
One way to improve the frozen burrito is to test out different brands and figure out which one you like best. There are some good ones out there and there are some not-so-good ones out there.
The other obvious improvement is the cooking method. Cooking burritos in a microwave often leaves them unevenly cooked. One bite will be scorching hot and another bite might be lukewarm or even cold sometimes.
The air fryer takes that out of the equation. The air fryer cooks with a high volume of hot air circulating around the burrito. This will help cook the burrito more evenly than just spinning in a microwave.
And cooking frozen burritos in the oven is time-consuming and such a waste of energy, if you’re making a burrito just for one. All that time spent heating up the oven…no thanks!
How to cook frozen burritos in an air fryer:
The quick method:
- Brush your air fryer basket with oil or you can spray a vegetable oil on the basket instead. This is important so that the burrito doesn’t stick to the basket.
- Place your frozen burrito in your air fryer basket and cook at 380 degrees F for 10 minutes. Flip them halfway through cooking.
- If you want a crispy tortilla you can cook the burrito for five more minutes.
The better method:
- Wrap your frozen burrito in foil.
- Place in the air fryer and cook at 380 degrees for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking.
- Let set for 5 minutes before serving.
Wrapping your burritos in foil:
We have found that wrapping our burritos in foil before air frying them yields the best results. It lets the tortilla warm-up but still stay that soft, chewy texture we love.
Cooking without the foil is totally fine when you’re in a rush, but the tortilla just doesn’t quite live up to the foil-wrapped version.
Either way is superior to the microwave though! Just depends on how much time you have.
More easy recipes you might like:
Let us know your opinion!
We’d love to hear what you think of this recipe! Leave a comment and star rating down below! And don’t forget to pin and share!
- 2 frozen burritos
- Wrap the burritos in individual pieces of foil
- Place in air fryer basket and cook at 380 degrees for 30 minutes, flipping burritos halfway through cooking.
- Let burrito set for 5 minutes before unwrapping and serving.
Faster method: Brush the air fryer basket with oil and place unwrapped burritos directly in the basket. Cook at 380 degrees for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking. Cook an additional 5 minutes for a crispy shell.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 434Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 1087mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 9gSugar: 5gProtein: 17g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.