AIR FRIED POTATO WEDGES turn out crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. Perfect for dunking in ketchup or ranch – these will quickly become a favorite side dish in your family.
You can cook potatoes just about anyway possible and still find pleasure in eating them. Am I right?
Unfortunately, if you try to fry potato wedges they have always been a bit messy to make. With the air fryer that goes away. No more pots of grease to discard or grease splatter all over the counters and cabinets. Just a single air fryer basket to clean up.
Honestly, these are almost TOO easy. You’ll find me making them day after day and eating the whole batch myself. They taste absolutely perfect! The crisp outside and the soft inside of these are just right.
How to cook potato wedges in an air fryer:
- Every time you cook with potatoes you need to start by washing them thoroughly.
- Slice each potato into wedges.
- Soak the potatoes in a bowl of hot water for 10 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and dry them well.
- Place the potatoes in a bowl and drizzle them with oil and add the seasonings. Toss to coat the potatoes evenly.
- Place the potatoes in your air fryer basket evenly in a single layer.
- Cook for 10 minutes, flip the potatoes and cook for 5 more minutes.
Air Fryer Tips and Products
As an Amazon associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
We use and love the 6 quart OMORC air fryer. Six quarts is just right for a family of four, and it is dishwasher safe.
With my first air fryer, I was using non-stick spray in my air fryer and it was ruining my air fryer basket. I have since learned that the air fryer manufacturers recommend you instead use oil with a pump spray bottle to apply your oil instead. This will lengthen the life of your air fryer.
More air fryer potato recipes you might like:
- These air fryer roasted potatoes are seasoned with garlic butter!
- We love garlic butter so much and it works so good with potatoes that we doubled down with it on these Hasselback potatoes!
- You can also have a traditional baked potato in the air fryer. They come out with such crispy skin!
- For something super easy you can cook frozen tater tots in your air fryer!
- 2 medium Russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Wash and dry the potatoes.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise and then in half again. Slice into wedges, being sure to keep the wedges about the same thickness.
- Add wedges to a bowl and fill with hot water. Let soak for 10 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and dry well.
- Drizzle the potatoes with oil and season the potatoes with the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt, tossing to coat the potatoes evenly.
- Place in an even layer in your air fryer basket. You may need to work in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Air fryer at 390 degrees for 10 minutes. Flip the potatoes and increase the heat to 400 degrees. Cook for 5 more minutes or until as crisp as you’d like.
- Serve immediately.
You may use any type of oil you prefer. We prefer avocado oil.
If you would like an even crispier wedge than you can cook them longer after flipping. Cook for 2 minutes, then check them again and repeat until you achieve your desired crispiness.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 542mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.