Air fried potato wedges turn out crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. Perfect for dunking in ketchup or ranch – these will quickly become a favorite side dish in your family.
You can cook potatoes just about any way possible and still find pleasure in eating them. Am I right?
Unfortunately, if you try to fry potato wedges they have always been a bit messy to make. With the air fryer that goes away. No more pots of grease to discard or grease splatter all over the counters and cabinets. Just a single air fryer basket to clean up.
Honestly, these are almost TOO easy. You’ll find me making them day after day and eating the whole batch myself. They taste absolutely perfect! The crisp outside and the soft inside of these are just right.
Potatoes– We use Russet potatoes as we find the texture perfect for wedges. We only use two for this recipe, but you can certainly increase the number to serve more people.
Seasonings– Avocado oil, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt are all you need for a lot of flavor!
You may use any type of oil you prefer. We prefer avocado oil.
How to Cook Potato Wedges in an Air Fryer:
- Every time you cook with potatoes you need to start by washing them thoroughly.
- Slice each potato into wedges.
- Soak the potatoes in a bowl of hot water for 10 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and dry them well.
- Place the potatoes in a bowl and drizzle them with oil and add the seasonings. Toss to coat the potatoes evenly.
- Place the potatoes in your air fryer basket evenly in a single layer.
- Cook for 10 minutes, flip the potatoes and cook for 5 more minutes.
If you would like an even crispier wedge than you can cook them longer after flipping. Cook for 2 minutes, then check them again and repeat until you achieve your desired crispiness.
Shop our Favorite Air Fryers!
We’ve tested loads of air fryers over the years and narrowed it down to the best of the best! Whether you’re looking for a basket-style air fryer that fits nicely on your countertop or you want the toaster oven-style air fryer, we’ve got a recommendation for you!
More Air Fryer Potato Recipes:
- These air fryer roasted potatoes are seasoned with garlic butter!
- We love garlic butter so much and it works so good with potatoes that we doubled down with it on these Hasselback potatoes!
- You can also have a traditional baked potato in the air fryer. They come out with such crispy skin!
- For something super easy you can cook frozen tater tots in your air fryer!
Air Fried Potato Wedges
- 2 medium Russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Wash and dry the potatoes.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise and then in half again. Slice into wedges, being sure to keep the wedges about the same thickness.
- Add wedges to a bowl and fill with hot water. Let soak for 10 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and dry well.
- Drizzle the potatoes with oil and season the potatoes with the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt, tossing to coat the potatoes evenly.
- Place in an even layer in your air fryer basket. You may need to work in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Air fryer at 390 degrees for 10 minutes. Flip the potatoes and increase the heat to 400 degrees. Cook for 5 more minutes or until as crisp as you’d like.
- Serve immediately.