If you love HASSELBACK POTATOES you have to try making them in an air fryer! We top ours with plenty of garlic butter for a delicious, easy side dish that goes with just about anything.
Potatoes are a staple food all over the world, especially here in America. We love our potatoes. Every once in a while you get to experience a potato prepared a different way.
I fell in love with hasselback potatoes when I first had them only a year ago (I was late to the game). Since then I have prepared them a few different ways, but at the end of the day I keep coming back to the classic: garlic butter hasselback potatoes!
Not looking to get fancy tonight? Try our air fryer tater tots. They taste like they were freshly fried – hot and crisp! – using our air fryer method.
How to cut hasselback potatoes:
Making hasselback potatoes isn’t hard at all, especially if you follow this trick:
Put something on either side of the potato to prevent you from slicing all the way through. We use two wooden spoon handles, one on each side. These will serve as a stopper for your knife.
After putting your stoppers down make cuts about 1/4″ apart from the top of the potato down to the top of the stoppers. Repeat this all the way down the length of the potato. Easy peasy!
How to cook the hasselback potatoes:
- Always start by washing your potatoes. For this recipe we choose to peel the potatoes. This is not a required step if you enjoy a crispy potato skin, we just happen to have picky kids!
- Cut the potatoes as mentioned in the section above.
- Cover the potatoes in olive oil, we like to brush it on.
- Combine garlic salt, onion powder, and parsley in a small dish and combine. Then sprinkle over the potatoes.
- Place them in an air fryer and cook for 30-40 minutes.
- Last brush with melted butter, making sure the butter gets between each slice on the potato and serve!
More recipes you might like:
- As much as I loved these hasselback potatoes I still frequently make the more traditional air fryer baked potato.
- Air fryer pumpkin bombs are an awesome dessert you have to try!
- Our air fryer chicken tenders go great with these potatoes too!
- Chicken Parmesan can be made in the air fryer too!
- An air fried blooming onion is another one of those unique, pretty appetizers you can serve to impress!
Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- Minced parsley for garnish
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Wash and peel the potatoes.
- Place potato between two handles of wooden spoons. Use a sharp knife to cut slits about ¼ inch thick into the potatoes down to the spoon handles. The spoons help ensure you don’t slice all the way through to the bottom of the potato. Repeat with the remaining potatoes.
- Brush the potatoes with olive oil.
- Combine the garlic salt, onion powder, and parsley in a small dish and combine. Sprinkle over the potatoes.
- Place the potatoes in the air fryer and cook for 30-40 minutes or until fork tender.
- Brush the melted butter over each potato, being careful to ensure that the butter gets into all of the potato slices. Garnish with minced parsley.
- Serve immediately.