Our Air Fryer Pizza Bombs start with biscuit dough that gets stuffed with mozzarella and pepperoni, brushed with garlic butter, and air fried until ooey gooey on the inside! Serve with pizza sauce or ranch for dipping and you’ve got a fun snack or meal!
These are easy to make, tasty, and a kind of comfort food for me.
Turns out, I am not alone. Often when I am hanging out with friends at my house, we eventually get hungry! Back in the day we would just order pizza. Now we bust out the air fryer and cook something, anything pizza related!
We recently made these pizza bombs together and had so much fun hanging out, cooking, and EATING these delicious bombs!
Biscuits – We recommend the flaky layers variety of biscuits. Be sure to use the larger size, often found under the ‘Grands!’ name.
Cheese– Start with a block of mozzarella cheese. Let it get to room temperature before working with it. These cook so fast that your cheese may not melt all the way if it is straight from the fridge. You will be chopping this into cubes instead of shredding it.
Pepperoni- Chop regular sized pepperoni slices into quarters or buy a bag of mini pepperoni.
Topping – Melted butter, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning make a nice garlic butter sauce to season the outside of the pizza bombs.
Pizza Sauce – We serve these with a side of warm pizza sauce or marinara for dipping. Ranch is always a good choice too!
How to Make Pizza Bombs in the Air Fryer:
Prepare the biscuits- Open your can of biscuits and separate each biscuit, then pull them in half again from top to bottom. You should end up with 16 thin biscuit pieces.
Fill the bombs– Cut your slices of pepperoni into quarters and put 8 pieces, or 2 slices worth, of pepperoni in each biscuit. Chop your mozzarella into 16 cubes and place one cube in the center of each biscuit. Fold up the edges of the biscuit to fold the pepperoni and cheese into the center. Seal the edges so they don’t leak the filling out.
Air fry the pizza bombs– Whisk together your butter, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning in a small bowl. Place your bombs in a single layer in your air fryer and then brush the butter mixture over the dough. Air fry for 5 minutes at 350 degrees F. Warm your pizza sauce in the microwave or a saucepan and serve for dipping the pizza bombs in.
Keep them in your fridge in an air-tight container. Reheat in your air fryer at 325 degrees F until warm.
It is similar to a homemade pizza roll, but the outside is a bit softer and flaky as a result of using biscuits as a shell instead of a different dough.
Recipe Tips and Substitutions
Feel free to modify the filling to your favorite filling!
You don’t have to stop with pepperoni and cheese. If you like sausage or ham, no problem! Just be careful not to overfill so things don’t leak out of the pizza bomb.
Veggies are a good choice too, but remember that they’ll only be in the air fryer for 5 minutes and encased in a biscuit. Unless you like the crunch of raw veggies, saute them first. Add olives, peppers, onions, mushrooms or anything else your heart desires!
More air fryer snack recipes you might like:
Let us know your opinion!
We’d love to hear what you think of this recipe! Leave a comment and star rating down below! And don’t forget to pin and share!
Air Fryer Pizza Bombs
- 1 can 8 count refrigerated biscuits see notes
- 32 pieces pepperoni
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese room temperature
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- Open the can of biscuits and separate each biscuit in half to form 16 thin biscuit pieces.
- Cut the pepperoni slices into quarters and place 8 bits of pepperoni in the center of each biscuit.
- Chop the mozzarella into 16 cubes. Place one cube in the center of each biscuit.
- Fold up the edges of the biscuit to fold the pepperoni and cheese into the center. Roll into a ball, sealing the edges so the cheese does not leak out.
- Place the biscuits in an air fryer basket in an even layer, leaving space between each for air to flow.
- Add the butter, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Brush the butter mixture over the dough.
- Air fry at 350 degrees for 5-6 minutes, or until dough is golden brown and cooked through.
- Warm the pizza sauce in the microwave and serve with the pizza bombs for dipping.