These Air Fryer Pizza Egg Rolls are a combo of two favorite foods – pizza stuffed inside a crispy egg roll wrapper! These make a great snack or lunch and are easy to fill with your favorite pizza toppings.
The most wonderful thing about egg rolls is that you can change the fillings in a wide variety of ways to customize and make unique every egg roll.
The most wonderful thing about pizza is that you can change the toppings in a wide variety of ways to customize and make unique every pizza.
You can see where I am going with this right? Pizza Egg Rolls in the air fryer!
These are so easy to make and fun to get creative with! Be sure to add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
We’ve also done English muffin pizzas in the air fryer along with numerous egg roll recipes, like Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls, Southwest Egg Rolls, and even frozen egg rolls in the air fryer. Safe to say that pizza and egg rolls are a couple of our favorite foods!
Egg roll wrappers- Egg roll wrappers are easy to find in most stores. They’re usually in the refrigerated vegetarian/vegan section near the produce or dairy.
Fillings- We use pepperoni slices and chop them up. Shredded mozzarella cheese is an absolute must with all pizza. Black olives, garlic, pizza sauce, and a minced bell pepper finish of a great filling for these egg rolls. Feel free to swap out the pepperoni for sausage, sub the pepper for mushrooms, or get creative with the cheese!
How to Make Pizza Egg Rolls in the Air Fryer:
Prepare the filling- Add all your topping ingredients to a bowl. As I said, you can change out the fillings to suit your tastes, but you’ll want to use a similar amount as we did.
Roll the egg rolls- Spoon about 2-3 tablespoons of the mixture into the center of an egg roll wrapper. Then fold in each side of the egg roll and roll it up tightly. Before making the last roll, dip your finger in water and brush it on the top corner of the egg roll and finish rolling to seal the egg roll. Repeat this will your remaining egg rolls.
Watch our video above to show the steps for this. It’s really quite easy!
Air fry the egg rolls- Spritz your egg rolls on each side with oil spray. Place the egg rolls in an air fryer basket, leaving space between each egg roll for air movement. Cook in batches if needed. Air fry for 7 minutes at 390 degrees F, and flip them halfway through cooking. Serve with pizza sauce for dipping.
Egg roll wrappers are traditionally made with mainly eggs and flour, however the wrappers most commonly available in the United States at big box grocery stores are vegan.
Not to me! The egg roll wrapper is much different than the pizza roll shell. Also, pizza rolls are mostly empty shells with a bit of filling whereas the egg roll is full to the brim if you roll it right!
More egg roll recipes you will love!
Air Fryer Pizza Egg Rolls
- 4 ounces pepperoni slices chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- 1 green bell pepper minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ cup pizza sauce plus more for dipping
- 15 egg roll wrappers
- Add the pepperoni, mozzarella, black olives, bell pepper, garlic, and pizza sauce to a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Spoon around 3-4 tablespoons of the mixture into an egg roll wrapper. Fold in each side and then roll up tightly. Before making the last roll, dip your finger in water and brush it on the top corner of the egg roll and finish rolling to seal the egg rolls closed. Repeat with the remaining egg rolls.
- Lightly spritz the egg rolls on each side with oil spray.
- Place egg rolls in an air fryer basket in an even layer leaving space for air to flow between each egg roll. You will likely need to work in 2-3 batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Cook at 390 degrees for 7 minutes or until golden brown on the outside, flipping halfway through cooking.