Taco meat, cheese, and salsa make up the filling of these easy Air Fryer Taco Egg Rolls! Perfect for dipping in queso, guac, or extra salsa!
We love the air fryer for egg roll recipes. They are so easy to make in the air fryer that we basically have egg rolls once a week in our house, which is nice compared to back when we were deep frying them and it was such a chore!
It was only a matter of time before I took my all time favorite food, the taco, and turned it into a Taco Egg Roll!
These egg rolls make a great dinner.
They make a great appetizer.
They make a great side dish.
They even reheat well if you want to make extra and have leftovers later.
Basically, I’m trying to tell you that these are just perfection and if you like tacos, you’re going to love these Taco Egg Rolls! 🙂
Beef– We use lean ground beef, which is a typical taco meat choice. You will need one pound for this recipe. Ground chicken or turkey would also work just fine.
Flavors– We used a single packet of taco seasoning. You can make your own taco seasoning if you like that better. Get some salsa and a Mexican cheese blend also.
Egg roll wrappers– You’ll find these in the refrigerated ‘vegan’ section of most grocery stores.
Dipping options- Queso is my personal fave, but guacamole or extra salsa are good options too.
How to Make Taco Egg Rolls:
Cook the beef– Cook your ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat. Be sure to break up the beef as you cook it. After it is cooked, drain the grease off and put the beef back in the skillet. Add your taco seasoning and salsa to the mixture and cook again until most of the liquid has evaporated.
Make it cheesy – Turn off the burner, and stir in your shredded cheese. It doesn’t have to melt fully, but you want it nicely distributed throughout the meat.
Wrap your egg rolls – Use a spoon to put approximately a quarter cup of the mixture into your egg roll wrapper. Fold in two opposing corners, then roll from a third corner. Before rolling to a close, dip your finger in water and brush it on the top corner of the egg roll and finish rolling to seal the egg roll closed.
Air fry the egg rolls- Place the egg rolls in your air fryer basket and spritz the egg rolls with oil mist. The egg rolls need to have space around each of them, so you may need to cook a couple of batches. Air fry for 7 minutes at 390 degrees F. Flip halfway through cooking.
Serve your taco egg rolls with a variety of dips, such as guacamole, salsa, and queso.
Reheat them in the air fryer at 350 degrees. It should take 4-5 minutes.
Recipe Tips and Substitutions
Swap the beef for ground turkey, ground chicken, or seasoned shredded chicken. Just be sure to use a pound of whichever you prefer if you’d like the same number of egg rolls as the recipe calls for.
Also, Ro-tel makes a good substitute for salsa!
More air fryer snack recipes you might like:
Let us know your opinion!
We’d love to hear what you think of this recipe! Leave a comment and star rating down below! And don’t forget to pin and share!
Taco Egg Rolls
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- ¼ cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 15 egg roll wrappers
- Guacamole salsa, or queso for dipping
- Add the ground beef to a large skillet over medium heat, crumbling the beef as it cooks.
- Once cooked through, drain the beef and return to the skillet.
- Add the taco seasoning and salsa to the beef along with 2 tablespoons of water. Cook, stirring often, until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese.
- Spoon around 1/4 cup of the mixture into an egg roll wrapper. Fold in each side and then roll up tightly. Before making the last roll, dip your finger in water and brush it on the top corner of the egg roll and finish rolling to seal the egg rolls closed. Repeat with the remaining egg rolls.
- Lightly spritz the egg rolls on each side with oil spray.
- Place egg rolls in an air fryer basket in an even layer leaving space for air to flow between each egg roll. You will likely need to work in 2-3 batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Cook at 390 degrees for 7 minutes or until golden brown on the outside, flipping halfway through cooking.