We make these Air Fryer Sliders in under 10 minutes and top them with our special sauce! So juicy and flavorful and they couldn’t be easier!
We’ve made both air fryer hamburger and air fryer turkey burgers, so we figured it was high time we introduced our favorite – the air fryer slider!
I don’t know why I love sliders so much, but I think it’s probably just because mini food is so cute! Plus, there’s more room for air fryer frozen french fries or air fryer onion rings if you eat a mini burger. 😉
We know that some people are purists and want their burgers cooked on a charcoal grill. We get it, we just don’t know want to deal with charcoal and weather, so the air fryer works for us! We do add in a bit of liquid smoke to give these a hint of smoky flavor, though.
It’s also nice that these cook from start to finish in just 10 minutes without any preheating. I love when recipes come together quick!
Ground beef – We often cook with lean beef, but when it comes to burgers we always recommend 80/20. The extra fat in the beef makes for a juicy burger.
Seasonings– We use common ingredients like Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, and garlic powder. We also like to use liquid smoke in our burgers, to give it a bit of that grilled flavor.
Buns– We butter our slider buns and toast them on a pan on the stove. Toasted buns are a must in our house.
Special Sauce – Mayo, ketchup, mustard, vinegar, garlic salt, and chili powder are all you’ll need.
How to Make Sliders in an Air Fryer:
Prepare the burgers– Add the beef and seasoning to a bowl and combine well. Portion into 8 balls and smash them into patties just a bit larger than your buns. They’ll shrink a bit as they cook.
Cook the patties – Arrange the patties in a single layer in your air fryer basket and cook at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking. 10 minutes is well done for us, but check with an internal thermometer and cook to your preferred temperature.
Melt the cheese- To melt the cheese over the patties, turn the air fryer off, add half a slice of cheese to each petty, and let it sit in the hot air fryer for a minute to melt to the cheese.
Assemble the sliders– If you are cooking in batches then you should wrap them in foil and let them rest on a plate while waiting on the next batch to finish. Arrange the burgers on slider buns and top with desired toppings.
We make a simple sauce for a air fryer sliders that really takes them to the next level!
You’ll combine mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, vinegar, garlic salt, and chili powder and just stir to combine.
We like our sauce a bit on the tangy side. Adds such a nice flavor to the burgers!
More recipes you might like:
- Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan
- Air Fryer Shrimp Fajitas
- Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Parsnips in an Air Fryer
Let us know your opinion!
We’d love to hear what you think of this recipe! Leave a comment and star rating down below! And don’t forget to pin and share!
Air Fryer Sliders
For the burgers:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke optional
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 slices deli style American cheese
- 8 slider buns
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
For the burger sauce:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder more or less to taste
To make the burgers:
- Add the beef, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, seasoned salt, and garlic powder to a bowl and use your hands to combine the mixture.
- Portion the meat out into 8 equal-sized balls. Smash flat to form patties a bit larger than the buns – they will shrink a bit as they cook.
- Arrange the patties in a single layer in the air fryer basket. You will likely need to work in 2 batches.
- Air fry at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking. Cook until the burger reaches your desired doneness. For well-done burgers, cook to 160 degrees.
- Cut the cheese in half and place a half slice over each patty. Place the air fryer basket back in the air fryer with the heat turned off for 1 minute to melt the cheese.
- While burgers are cooking, spread the buns with a thin layer of butter and toast over medium heat in a hot skillet until golden.
- Arrange burgers on slider buns and top with desired toppings.
To make the sauce:
- Add the mayo, ketchup, mustard, and vinegar to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add in the garlic salt and chili powder to taste.
- Serve over burgers or with fries as a dip.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with us on Instagram @air.fried and tag us #air.fried
Leave A Reply!