Cooking HAMBURGERS IN AN AIR FRYER is going to quickly become a new favorite. The burgers turn out so juicy and then clean up is a breeze. With this recipe, the burger is seasoned well and cooked perfectly!
Raise your hand if you love a good, juicy burger but maybe don’t always want to go all the way out back, fire up the grill, stand out there in all the nature, wait for it to heat, grill the burgers, clean the grill, and then finally. after what feels like days of work, eat your burger.
Yeah, same here.
Enter the air fryer! It takes all of that work out of the equation! Also, clean up is an absolute dream. Everything is contained in the air fryer basket and it’s beyond simple to wipe it down or toss it in the dishwasher.
These burgers turn out nice and juicy, with loads of flavor.
You can season them however you like and, of course, switch up the cheese and toppings to suit your tastes. We kept it pretty classic, just to give you a good starting point.
We serve these with our air fryer tater tots. So good!
How to make hamburgers in the air fryer:
- In a mixing bowl mix together raw beef, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, and garlic salt.
- Form the beef into 4 patties that will fit in your air fryer and put small indentions in the top of the patties. This will make sure that they keep their shape while they are cooking.
- Cook the hamburgers for six minutes per side.
- If you would like cheese on your hamburger, you now shut off your air fryer but top the burgers with cheese and leave in the air fryer for one minute.
- Put the burgers on a bun and serve with your desired toppings.
As an Amazon associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Air Fryer: We use this 6 quart air fryer. It has great reviews on Amazon, we’ve used it for a couple of years now, and it works amazing. Plus, clean up is a breeze since it can go in the dishwasher.
Liquid Smoke: This add a smoky flavor to your burgers. Gives it a deeper flavor that we love.
Seasoned Salt: We use a basic seasoned salt to season our burgers. Simple and classic.
A well done burger should be cooked to 160 degrees. Use a meat thermometer to test.
For a medium rare burger, cook to 140.
Probably, but we’ve honestly never tried. I would drop the temp by 10 degrees and cook for an additional couple of minutes.
Our favorite sauce for cheeseburgers is fry sauce. This is basically just a mixture of ketchup and mayo, though we add a splash of vinegar.
A spicy barbecue sauce and a few slices of avocado make a great burger.
Some of my friends add butter to the burger and let it melt before adding their other toppings to the burger. Delicious!
Once, my husband even ordered a peanut butter burger from a local restaurant. We haven’t ordered it again, but it was fun to try!
More recipes you might like:
- You can enjoy an air fried baked potato with your hamburger if you would like.
- We love having these air fried flautas for lunch!
- You will love having these air fried Oreos for dessert!
- 1 pound 80/20 ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 slices deli-style American cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- Lettuce, tomato, pickles, for topping
- Add the ground beef to a mixing bowl along with the Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, seasoned salt, and garlic powder. Use your hands to gently mix the beef together.
- Form beef into 4 patties. Press your thumb into the center of the patty to make a small indention. This will help the patties hold their shape.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees. Cook burgers for 6 minutes per side.
- Turn off the air fryer, top burgers with cheese, and return to the air fryer for 1 minute to melt the cheese.
- Serve on hamburger buns with desired toppings.
We like to grill our buns on the stove while the burgers are cooking. Spread with butter and grill until golden brown. It makes a huge difference and is totally worth the time.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 283Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 985mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 16g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.