Cooking air fryer hamburgers is going to quickly become a new favorite. The burgers turn out so juicy and then clean up is a breeze. With this recipe, the burger is seasoned well and cooked perfectly!
Raise your hand if you love a good, juicy burger but maybe don’t always want to go all the way out back, fire up the grill, stand out there in all the nature, wait for it to heat, grill the burgers, clean the grill, and then finally. after what feels like days of work, eat your burger.
Yeah, same here.
Enter the air fryer! It takes all of that work out of the equation! Also, clean-up is an absolute dream. Everything is contained in the air fryer basket and it’s beyond simple to wipe it down or toss it in the dishwasher.
These burgers turn out nice and juicy, with loads of flavor.
You can season them however you like and, of course, switch up the cheese and toppings to suit your tastes. We kept it pretty classic, just to give you a good starting point.
Ground beef– We used an 80/20 ground beef. It is fine to go leaner than this, but don’t go less lean. You don’t want too much grease from the fat in your air fryer.
Cheese– Assuming you are going to use cheese there are three great options.
- American Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
- Pepper Jack Cheese
Seasonings– We use Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, seasoned salt, and garlic powder.
Don’t forget your hamburger buns too of course!
There are a bunch of burger toppings that are great options. Here are just a few ideas for you:
- Fried onion rings
- A fried egg
How to make hamburgers in the air fryer:
- In a mixing bowl mix together raw beef, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, and garlic salt.
- Form the beef into 4 patties that will fit in your air fryer and put small indentions on the top of the patties. This will make sure that they keep their shape while they are cooking.
- Cook the hamburgers for six minutes per side.
- If you would like cheese on your hamburger, you now shut off your air fryer but top the burgers with cheese and leave it in the air fryer for one minute.
- Put the burgers on a bun and serve with your desired toppings.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Shop our Favorite Air Fryers!
We’ve tested loads of air fryers over the years and narrowed it down to the best of the best! Whether you’re looking for a basket-style air fryer that fits nicely on your countertop or you want the toaster oven-style air fryer, we’ve got a recommendation for you!
Liquid Smoke: This add a smoky flavor to your burgers. Gives it a deeper flavor that we love.
Seasoned Salt: We use a basic seasoned salt to season our burgers. Simple and classic.
A well-done burger should be cooked to 160 degrees. Use a meat thermometer to test.
For a medium rare burger, cook to 140.
Probably, but we’ve honestly never tried. I would drop the temp by 10 degrees and cook for an additional couple of minutes.
Our favorite sauce for cheeseburgers is fry sauce. This is basically just a mixture of ketchup and mayo, though we add a splash of vinegar.
A spicy barbecue sauce and a few slices of avocado make a great burger.
Some of my friends add butter to the burger and let it melt before adding their other toppings to the burger. Delicious!
Once, my husband even ordered a peanut butter burger from a local restaurant. We haven’t ordered it again, but it was fun to try!
More recipes you might like:
- You can enjoy an air fried baked potato with your hamburger if you would like.
- We love having these air fried flautas for lunch!
- You will love having these air fried Oreos for dessert!
- Frozen french fries cooked in the air fryer are crispy, but not greasy. It is a perfect application for an air fryer and pairs with hamburgers better than anything else!
- This beautiful, crispy blooming onion is a great appetizer to make in an air fryer.
Air Fryer Hamburger
- 1 pound 80/20 ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 slices deli-style American cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- lettuce, tomato, and pickles for topping
- Add the ground beef to a mixing bowl along with the Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, seasoned salt, and garlic powder. Use your hands to gently mix the beef together.
- Form beef into 4 patties. Press your thumb into the center of the patty to make a small indention. This will help the patties hold their shape.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees. Cook burgers for 6 minutes per side.
- Turn off the air fryer, top burgers with cheese, and return to the air fryer for 1 minute to melt the cheese.
- Serve on hamburger buns with desired toppings.