These air fryer meatballs are made with both beef and pork and then seasoned with Italian seasonings! You can serve them fresh or freeze them after prepping for a fast snack or meal later.
I was watching a cooking show recently and I saw a chef blend two different meats to make a hamburger. I thought that was brilliant for a cheeseburger (trying this on our air fryer hamburgers ASAP!) and it made me want to do the same.
I have done this with meatballs in the past, so I was rolling with that and decided to try and throw them in my air fryer! In my pantry, I found some garlic and Italian seasonings and it was like my kitchen was making up my mind for me.
After I put this together, in all of about 20 minutes from the moment I got off my couch, I knew I had a winner! I think you will love these air fryer meatballs too!
Tender meatballs in minutes. Love it!
How to air fry Italian meatballs:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Add every ingredient in the ingredient list to one bowl and mix them all together by hand. You want to mix them sufficiently but not overwork the meat. Overworking the meat will make it tough.
- From the meat into 16 individual balls. I did this with a cookie scoop, but you can do it however you wish.
- Place the meatballs in a single layer in your air fryer basket and cook until the center of the meatball is 160 degrees F. This took 7 minutes in my air fryer, but your air fryer may differ slightly.
Questions about this recipe:
Yes! To freeze, place uncooked meatballs in a single layer on a baking sheet and place in the freezer for one hour. Remove the meatballs from the freezer place them into a zip-top freezer safe bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Cook frozen meatballs at 380 degrees for 12 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
We like to serve these meatballs as the main dish with a little marinara sauce on the side. The kids love to dip their meatballs in the sauce.
These meatballs are also perfect tossed in marinara and served over spaghetti.
Toss the meatballs in marinara, place them on a toasted bun, load up the cheese, and enjoy a meatball sub!
Shop our Favorite Air Fryers!
We’ve tested loads of air fryers over the years and narrowed it down to the best of the best! Whether you’re looking for a basket-style air fryer that fits nicely on your countertop or you want the toaster oven-style air fryer, we’ve got a recommendation for you!
More recipes you might like:
- These garlic butter mushrooms can be served as an appetizer with your meatballs or you can serve them with a steak!
- Scotch eggs are one of my personal favorite recipes using pork. They are diet-friendly too!
- Looking for something any picky kid will like? Try our air fryer grilled cheese!
- Want a breakfast you can talk about at work? Make our homemade pop tarts!
Air Fryer Meatballs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 ounces ground pork
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup Italian style bread crumbs
- ¼ cup parsley minced
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Add all of the ingredients to a mixing bowl and use your hands to mix together, being careful not to overwork the meat.
- Form into 16 equally sized meatballs.
- Place a single layer of meatballs in your air fryer basket and cook at 400 degrees for 7 minutes or until the meat reaches 160 degrees.
- Remove the cooked meatballs to a plate and cover with foil while cooking any remaining meatballs.