Air Fryer Fried Deviled Eggs are a fun twist on the popular recipe used at gatherings everywhere! Crispy breaded egg whites filled with a classic filling!
Do you ever wonder how a “deviled egg” got its name? It’s in the long list of foods with weird names, like s’mores or pigs in a blanket.
The term “deviled” refers to the spicy seasonings (like mustard and chili powder) added to the egg yolk mixture. While we don’t personally find traditional deviled eggs spicy, the name is still fun and deviled eggs will always be a favorite!
We really deviled things up here though, by coating the egg whites in bread crumbs and ‘frying’ them in the air fryer until crispy. The combo of crispy egg white with creamy yolk filling is seriously hard to resist. We can’t get enough of these!
Serve these at your next party, next to our mini pigs in a blanket, and you’ll have guests begging for the recipes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Eggs – We need half a dozen large hard-boiled eggs. You can make air fryer boiled eggs, instant pot boiled eggs, or make them the traditional way. Heck, for extra ease, you can even buy them already boiled from the grocery store!
Breading – We’re making a crispy breading with flour, bread crumbs, and eggs. We’ll season that mixture with seasoned salt, garlic powder, and onion powder.
Filling– We went the classic route with mayo, dijon mustard, pickle juice, chives, tabasco sauce, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. You can use your favorite deviled egg recipe here or give our version a try. It’s pretty darn perfect.
You can add a little spice to the breading if you want! That would be a special deviled egg indeed! We recommend, adding a quarter teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the breading mixture!
How to Make Fried Deviled Eggs in an Air Fryer:
Prep: Shell your eggs and slice the hard boiled eggs in half. Pop the yolk out into a small bowl and set aside.
Bread: Add flour and seasoned salt to a small dish. In a second dish, whisk a couple of raw eggs. In a third dish, stir together the panko, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Dip your egg whites first in flour, then egg, and then panko. Be sure to coat the egg whites fully in each step.
Air Fry: Spay your air fryer basket with oil and add your eggs to it with the cut side down. Spritz the top of the eggs with oil spray and air fry at 400 degrees F. Cook for 6 minutes flipping halfway through.
Filling: While your eggs are frying, start on the filling. Add all of the filling ingredients to the egg yolks and mash together with a fork. Taste and adjust salt and pepper, as needed.
Finish: Use a spoon or piping bag to fill the fried egg whites with the yolk mixture. Sprinkle with chives and serve!
Shop our Favorite Air Fryers!
We’ve tested loads of air fryers over the years and narrowed them down to the best of the best! Whether you’re looking for a basket-style air fryer that fits nicely on your countertop or you want the toaster oven-style air fryer, we’ve got a recommendation for you!
You can boil the eggs and prepare the yolk filling up to 24 hours in advance, but you’ll want to bread and cook the egg whites just before serving or they’ll lose their crispiness.
Traditionally, deviled eggs are served cold. Because we’re frying the egg whites, these are a combination of temperatures. We like to start with cold eggs so that the filling is cold, but the breaded whites will be warm.
Start with cold eggs for the best results.
You may make the filling ahead of time and store the egg whites in the fridge until ready to fry and serve. These are best served right after frying as they’ll lose the crispy texture otherwise.
More Air Fryer Party Favorites:
Air Fryer Fried Deviled Eggs
For the fried egg whites:
- 6 large hard boiled eggs cold
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the filling:
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dill pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- Dash of Tabasco Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Smoked paprika for sprinkling on top
To make the fried egg whites:
- Slice the boiled eggs in half and remove the yolk. Place the yolks in a small bowl and set aside for the filling.
- Add the flour and seasoned salt to a shallow dish.
- Crack the raw eggs into a second shallow dish and whisk well to combine.
- Add the panko, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt to a third shallow dish.
- Dip each egg white into first the flour, then egg, and then the panko, being sure to fully coat the egg white with each.
- Spray your air fryer basket with oil spray and arrange the egg whites cut side down in the basket. Spritz the eggs with oil spray.
- Air fry at 400 degrees for 3 minutes, flip and spray with oil, and air fry for another 3 minutes. Eggs should be golden brown and crisp.
To make the filling:
- While the egg whites are cooking, add the mayonnaise, dijon, pickle juice, chives, and tabasco to the bowl of yolks and mash together with a fork until smooth.
- Taste the mixture and season with salt and pepper to taste, keeping in mind the egg whites do have salt in the breading.
- When egg whites are finished cooking, fill the centers with the filling using a spoon or piping bag.
- Sprinkle with smoked paprika and serve immediately.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with us on Instagram @air.fried and tag us #air.fried
Leave A Reply!