We made these air fryer mini pigs in a blanket with cocktail sausages and refrigerated dough to create the ultimate little snack! Perfect for dipping and hard to resist!
We love snacks and appetizers in this house, which probably comes as no surprise to you if you’ve been following our recipes for long!
This recipe is just 4 ingredients, makes about 2 dozen mini pigs in a blanket, and is so popular with our friends and family!
We like to serve these with a variety of dips, including cheese sauce, seasoned cream cheese, and honey mustard.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cocktail Sausages – We need 24 Lil Smokies cocktail sausages for this recipe. One 14 ounce package will be more than enough.
Crescent Dough- We’re using refrigerated crescent roll dough to wrap the sausage.
Seasoning – Keep it simple and use Everything But The Bagel seasoning! It has onion, garlic, and more to add lots of flavor.
Egg – An egg wash will help the dough brown nicely and also help the seasoning stick.
We love to dip our mini pigs in a blanket and like to serve these with a variety of dips. Cheese sauce, seasoned cream cheese, and honey mustard are great choices. Spicy brown mustard and ranch are also tasty!
How to Make Mini Pigs in a Blanket in an Air Fryer:
- Dough: Pull apart the crescent dough to make 8 triangles and then take each of those 8 triangles and cut them into 3 smaller triangles. This should give you a total of 24 triangles.
- Wrap: Open your package of Lil Smokies and pat them dry, we don’t want them to have any excess moisture going into the air fryer. Place your sausage on top of the widest portion of your triangle and roll the sausage up into the crescent roll.
- Season: Whisk an egg in a small bowl. Brush it lightly over the top of each piece of dough, then sprinkle the bagel seasoning over the top.
- Air Fry: Air fry the pigs in a blanket for 5 minutes at 350 degrees F or until the dough is golden brown and cooked through.
Shop our Favorite Air Fryers!
We’ve tested loads of air fryers over the years and narrowed it down to the best of the best! Whether you’re looking for a basket style air fryer that fits nicely on your countertop or you want the toaster oven style air fryer, we’ve got the recommendation for you!
For us, dip is a must!
Here are a few favorite options:
- Cheese Sauce (homemade or jarred)
- Seasoned Cream Cheese (season it yourself or buy the flavored variety in a tub)
- Honey Mustard
- Ranch Dressing
- Spicy Brown Mustard
We love these in a cheese sauce. You can buy a jar or can of sauce and warm it up or make your own at home!
Keep them in an air-tight container in your fridge. They should last 3-5 days in the fridge like this. You can reheat them in your air fryer in 3-5 minutes at 350 degrees F.
More Air Fryer Appetizer Recipes:
Air Fryer Mini Pigs In A Blanket
- 24 cocktail sausages
- 1 package crescent roll dough
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons Everything Bagel seasoning
- Remove the Lil Smokies from the package and pat dry with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture.
- Open the crescent roll dough and unroll and separate the dough into 8 triangles. Cut each triangle into 3 smaller triangles.
- Place a sausage at the widest end of the dough and roll them up to cover.
- Whisk the egg in a small bowl until smooth and then brush lightly over the top of each piece of dough. Sprinkle with the bagel seasoning.
- Spritz the air fryer basket with nonstick spray. Air fry at 350 degrees for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.