Rich and flavorful Pimento cheese is the star of the show in these cheese bombs! These make a delicious snack or appetizer and are simple to make in the air fryer!
Pimento Cheese Bombs – weird name, but what else should we call a biscuit brushed in garlic butter and filled with an explosion of melty pimento cheese?!
Pimento cheese, if you’ve never had it, is a rich and creamy cheese spread made with a variety of cheeses, a few spices, and chopped pimentos. We often serve pimento cheese with crackers, but it’s also delicious spread on a burger, used in a grilled cheese, and turned into a cheese bomb!
We took inspo from our air fryer cheese curds for this recipe! Nice and cheesy, super gooey and melty, and impossible to resist!
Biscuits– Flaky layers biscuits are best for this recipe, because we’ll be splitting each biscuit in half to make 16 bombs.
Cheese – We used store bought pimento cheese this time around, but homemade is even better!
Seasoning- We’re combing melted butter, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning to brush on the outside of these biscuit bombs.
How to Make Pimento Cheese Bombs in an Air Fryer:
Stuff the biscuits– Separate each biscuit in half to get 16 biscuit pieces. Next drop scoops of pimento cheese into each piece of biscuit dough using a small cookie scoop. Fold up the biscuit around the cheese and roll into a ball.
Season the biscuits– Place your bites in an air fryer basket. Add your melted butter, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Brush this mixture over the bites while they are in your air fryer.
Air fry the cheese bombs-Air fry for 5-7 minutes at 350 degrees F. The biscuits should be golden brown. Let it sit for a few minutes before serving your cheese bombs.
It is simply shredded cheddar, pimento peppers, and mayo combined together into a rich and filling cheese. Great for cheese bites or a grilled cheese sandwich!
More Snack Recipes:
Let us know your opinion!
We’d love to hear what you think of this recipe! Leave a comment and star rating down below! And don’t forget to pin and share!
Pimento Cheese Bombs
- 1 can 8 count flaky layers refrigerated biscuit dough see notes
- 1 1/2 cups pimento cheese
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Open the can of biscuits and separate each biscuit in half to form 16 thin biscuit pieces.
- Use a small spoon to drop scoops of pimento cheese into the center of each piece of biscuit dough.
- Fold up the edges of the biscuit to fold the cheese into the center. Roll into a ball, sealing the edges so the cheese does not leak out.
- Place the biscuits in an air fryer basket in an even layer, leaving space between each for air to flow.
- Add the butter, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Brush the butter mixture over the dough.
- Air fry at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes, or until dough is golden brown and cooked through.
- Let sit for 3 minutes before serving.