AIR FRYER RAVIOLI gets lightened up a bit in this quick and easy recipe featuring store bought ravioli, a crispy coating, and some marinara. This healthier version of toasted ravioli cooks up in minutes thanks to the air fryer.
Okay, it’s true – I grew up eating canned ravioli and I’m not ashamed to admit it. 😉
Our tastes have grown a bit over the years though and now we love cooking fresh, refrigerated ravioli in homemade marinara or meat sauce.
I love ravioli so much though, that I probably wouldn’t turn down a can of the stuff if someone offered it to me. Haha!
Most pasta is delicious no matter how you cook it, but have you had toasted ravioli? It’s breaded and then fried until it’s crispy. Seriously outrageous!
We lightened this dish up by skipping the pot of hot oil and using the air fryer instead.
Not only does that make for a healthier fried ravioli, it makes the cook and clean up so quick and easy!
Ravioli – Refrigerated or frozen work. Thaw first if it’s frozen.
Flour – Season this with a bit of salt and pepper.
Italian Bread Crumbs – You can make your own with regular bread crumbs and a teaspoon or two of Italian seasoning.
Parmesan Cheese – We’re using the powdery stuff in the can. It adds loads of flavor to the breading.
Marinara Sauce – Use your favorite. We prefer Rao’s or homemade.
Basil or Parsley – Sprinkle over the top before eating.
How to make ravioli in the air fryer:
Prepare the breading – You’ll need three shallow dishes. Add flour, salt, and pepper to one. Whisk together eggs in the second. And stir together bread crumbs and Parmesan in the third.
Coat the ravioli– Dip each ravioli into the flour, then egg, and then bread crumbs. Be sure to fully cover the ravioli in the bread crumbs. Pop them in your fryer basket and then spritz with oil.
Cook it– Cook at 350 degrees for 4 minutes, then flip and cook for four more minutes. While it is cooking, warm up your marinara for dipping in the microwave or in a pot on the stove. Sprinkle basil over the top of the ravioli when they are done cooking and serve!
How to serve this dish:
Air fried ravioli make the perfect appetizer to any Italian dinner. Serve them up with our air fryer chicken parmesan or our air fryer meatballs.
If you want this to be the main course that works also! Serve it up with a huge green salad and some garlic bread.
More air fryer favorites to try:
- 1 pound beef or cheese ravioli, fresh or frozen and thawed
- ½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Minced basil, for garnish
- Add the flour, salt, and pepper to a shallow dish and stir to combine.
- Add the eggs to a second shallow dish. Beat well with a fork.
- Add the bread crumbs and Parmesan to a third shallow dish and stir to combine well.
- Dip the ravioli into the flour to coat, then the egg, and finally the bread crumbs. Ensure the ravioli is fully coated in the bread crumb mixture.
- Spritz or brush the air fryer basket with oil. Arrange the breaded ravioli in a single layer in the basket and spritz with oil.
- Air fry at 350 degrees for 8 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking.
- Sprinkle with basil before serving.
- Warm the marinara in the microwave or in a sauce pan over low heat and serve with the cooked ravioli as a dip.
If necessary, cook the ravioli in batches. Subsequent batches will cook faster as the air fryer will be hotter. Check at 6 minutes for doneness.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 635Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 205mgSodium: 1566mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 44g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.