AIR FRYER TURKEY MEATBALLS are a healthier alternative to traditional meatballs but they still taste fantastic. They’re nice and moist, loaded with Italian flavors, and perfect for serving in a number of ways!
This recipe offeres up a red meat alternative to meatballs, without sacrificing flavor or moisture.
Ground turkey is a lean option that is perfect in the air fryer!
We flavored these turkey meatballs with Italian seasoning to keep them simple and tasty! We love these on top of pasta, but they are great as appetizers alongside some warm marinara sauce too!
All the ingredients just mix together for an easy recipe you will be want to make again and again.
Bread Crumbs – We like to use Panko bread crumbs. They’re lighter than traditional bread crumbs and make for a less dense meatball. Plus, Panko is lower in calories than traditional bread crumbs.
Onion – Mince your onion finely to avoid big chunks.
Garlic – Feel free to add extra garlic, if that’s what your heart is telling you to do.
Salt and pepper
How to make turkey meatballs in the air fryer:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Mix- Add all of the ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir it up well. I recommend a wooden spoon for this.
- Shape- Use a medium cookie scoop to get a consistent volume of the mixture and shape it into balls.
- Cook- Place the meatballs in your air fryer basket in a single layer. Don’t let them touch the sides or each other. Cook for 7 minutes at 400 degrees. If you need to work in batches to get all your meatballs cooked, cover your cooked ones in foil while waiting to serve.
Meat safety tip:
A thermometer is a worthwhile investment, a very cheap one at that, in every kitchen for the safety of yourself and those whom you are serving!
After these meatballs are fully cooked the center of them should be 165 degrees F. If they are not, you need to cook them longer.
More healthy recipes you might like:
Air Fryer Turkey Meatballs
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Add all of the ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to portion into 20 meatballs. Roll each into a ball.
- Brush your air fryer basket with oil. Place the meatballs in the basket in a single layer. You may need to work in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 7 minutes or until the meat reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove the cooked meatballs to a plate and cover with foil while cooking any remaining meatballs.