AIR FRYER ASPARAGUS cooks in less than 10 minutes and is a great healthy side dish! Perfect for our low carb diet friends, and those of us who just love asparagus!
Asparagus is one of those veggies that can be totally delicious or totally horrendous depending on how it’s cooked.
I’m pretty picky about it, but I’ve got a few methods for cooking asparagus that turn out perfect every time.
The air fryer is an obvious choice – it makes just about any veggie taste amazing!
Our air fryer kale chips and air fryer zucchini are perfect examples of tasty veggies coming out of the air fryer!
Asparagus – You’ll want to use fresh, trimmed asparagus for this recipe.
Parmesan – We’re using the powdery kind from the can. Normally fresh cheese is the way to go, but this is so finely grated that it sticks to the asparagus better.
Garlic Powder – We’re using garlic powder instead of fresh garlic, because it can hold up to the heat of the air fryer. Fresh garlic would burn and fall through the holes if we just tossed it in like this.
Lemon Juice – Lemon juice brightens up the asparagus and really makes the flavors pop. We prefer fresh squeezed, but the bottle of juice will work if that’s all you have.
How to cook asparagus in an air fryer:
- Clean your asparagus and trim the ends off. Discard the ends and place the rest in a mixing bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil over your asparagus and toss the asparagus until fully covered in the oil.
- Now you can add your garlic powder, grated Parmesan, and salt to the bowl and toss again to combine all the ingredients.
- Place the asparagus in the air fryer basket and cook at 400 degrees F for 7 minutes. You will need to shake the basket halfway through cooking to keep them evenly cooked.
- After you are done cooking you can choose to squeeze fresh lemon juice over the top for a little extra flavor!
What to serve with air fried asparagus:
Air Fryer Asparagus
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lemon
- Trim the ends off the asparagus and place in a mixing bowl.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and toss to coat.
- Add the Parmesan, garlic powder, and salt to the asparagus and stir well to combine.
- Place the asparagus in the air fryer basket and cook at 400 degrees for 7 minutes, shaking halfway through cooking.
- Squeeze the lemon over the asparagus before serving.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with us on Instagram @air.fried and tag us #air.fried
Comments & Reviews
Eddie Acosta says
Wow. This looks awesome. I’m gonna make it in the morning and serve it with Scrambled eggs.
It’ll be great with scrambled eggs! 🙂
Michelle D, Ratta says
Please add me to your email list Thank you!
Hi Michelle! You can sign up right here: https://airfried.com/free-ebook-recipes/