These ROASTED SWEET POTATO CUBES are bites sized chunks of tender, spiced sweet potato. They are ready to eat in 20 minutes!
Sweet potatoes are an underappreciated side dish. Too often they are associated only with large meals, or holidays.
Fried or roasted sweet potatoes can be cooked and served in different ways and seasoned in different ways. They are similar to regular potatoes in that it is hard to cook them wrong.
However, there are methods of making them go from good to great! It starts with seasoning, then goes to how you cook them.
5-steps to making air fryer sweet potato cubes:
- Peel and cut your sweet potatoes into 1 inch cubes
- Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees
- Add all of your ingredients (listed below) to a large bowl and mix well to combine
- Place the potatoes in the air fryer basket and cook for 15 minutes
- Garnish with parsley and serve!
More sweet potato cube information:
For the best results we recommend you remove the skin of the potato before cutting into cubes. However, you can try leaving the skin on the potato. If you do this you will likely find better results if you do not preheat the air fryer and instead, put them in first, then start heating up the air fryer.
Yes, with care, but they are best served fresh. If you do freeze them, the main thing here is to flash freeze them. After you finish cooking them, quickly get them spread out on a baking sheet and get them in the freezer. Leave them there for two hours, then remove them and place in a freezer bag for continued storage.
You can heat them in the air fryer at 375 degrees for 4-5 minutes or until warmed through.
Air Fryer Tips and Products
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Our household uses the OMORC 6 qt air fryer for most of our air frying needs. We have found that this size is perfect for a family of four. Also, this particular model is dishwasher safe which we appreciate!
More recipes you might like:
- You will love air fryer sweet potato fries also!
- If you prefer the full health benefits of sweet potatoes, you will like our baked sweet potatoes.
- This recipe goes great when served with our air fryer turkey breast also!
Air Fryer Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 3 large sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¾ teaspoon cracked pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat air fryer to 390 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Add all of the ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir well to coat the potatoes in the seasoning.
- Add the sweet potatoes to the air fryer basket and cook for 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender, shaking the basket every 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving.