Our AIR FRYER BONELESS CHICKEN BREAST RECIPE is brined in pickle juice so the chicken is sure to be juicy, tender, and flavorful! We season it with a simple blend of spices and then air fryer until it’s perfectly cooked. This is our go to chicken recipe and it just can’t be beat!
The air fryer is my personal favorite way to cook chicken. The chicken is always so evenly cooked, so tender, and nice and juicy.
In search of the perfect chicken breast recipe, I think we hit it with this pickle juice marinade, lots of seasoning, and using the air fryer to cook it to perfection.
This recipe is quick, simple, and healthy.
Chicken Breasts – We opted for boneless, skinless breasts, but you could also use thighs or bone in chicken. Just adjust your cook time accordingly.
Dill Pickle Juice – Next time you finish off a jar of pickles, just keep that juice in the fridge…it’s perfect for brining chicken.
Seasoning – You could really use any seasoning blend, but we went with our classic chicken seasoning of garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, and sea salt.
How to make air fryer chicken breasts:
Marinade – Fill a large bowl or baking dish with water, pickle juice and kosher salt. Stir it all together to combine, then add add the chicken to the bowl being sure it is covered by the liquid. Place in the refrigerator and let it set for an hour to brine.
Season – Remove the chicken from the brine and pat dry. Put the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle the seasoning on both sides of the chicken with the spice mixture.
Cook – Spritz the air fryer basket with oil, or brush your oil on the air fryer basket and place the chicken in the basket. Try not to let the chicken touch each other. Cook at 380 degrees F for 10 minutes. Check the internal temp of the chicken with a meat thermometer to be sure it is at least 165 degrees F. Cook another 2 minutes at a time until this temp is reached. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving.
It should take between 10 and 15 minutes, depending on the size and thickness of your chicken. Pound your chicken out to an even thickness so that it cooks evenly throughout.
Place chicken in a covered dish and refrigerate within 1-2 hours of cooking. Store covered for 3-4 days.
We prefer to reheat leftover chicken in the microwave, as it’s less likely to dry the chicken out than it would be if we heated it again in the air fryer. If you must use the air fryer, cook at 350 for about 5 minutes to heat it through.
More air fryer chicken recipes to try:
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken
- Air Fryer Stuffed Chicken
- Frozen Chicken Wings in an Air Fryer
- Flamin Hot Chicken Strips
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts about 6 ounces each
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup dill pickle juice
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Fill a bowl or baking dish with the water, pickle juice, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Pound the chicken out to an even thickness. Add the chicken to the bowl and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour to brine.
- Remove chicken from the liquid and pat dry.
- Stir together the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and sea salt.
- Season the chicken on both sides with the spice mixture.
- Spritz the air fryer basket with oil and place the chicken in the basket in an even layer.
- Air fry at 380 degrees for 10 minutes or until a thermometer reaches 165 degrees.
- Let chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving.